Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Do the stanky leg~
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 00" R6 that was just serviced, clean & sync carbs, new plugs, new battery, everything flushed etc. The bike ran perfect until I let it sit for a few weeks, the battery died, I tried to jump it with my car battery (car not running) it started for about 2 seconds, backfired and then died. I can't get it to start up =-/ Any suggestions? Thank you much!

All the way from Japan

Joshua~

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
well your bike is carbed... if it sits and was not properly put into storage, you will have a few problems at first.

probably want to start by cleaning your carbs, or just give it a little throttle when you start, hold it there along with choke for a few min, not much, just a litttle bit of throttle to keep bike running. once it warms up go ride a full tank of gas out, by riding the bike rather hard. it may be as easy as that or it may require some servicing of the carbs/plugs.

first off check your battery, if its not hodling 12.6 volt or more you want to charge it and make sure it can hold a charge of more then 12.6 volt, or you need new battery .

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Charge the battery up. Sounds like it is completely dead.

Let us know how it goes after that. Then also check the voltage of the bike off, and it running, and it revving up to be sure everything is good to go. There's tons of posts about dead stators and what to look for, and what the voltages should/shouldn't be

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Pop start that bitch. 2nd gear.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If it was sitting for just a couple weeks, I doubt the fuel is gummed up in your carbs. I would try to trickle charge your battery back to life and see if it runs. Next would be to replace your spark plugs. And finally if that doesnt do it, try the carbs.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
You should be able to jump it. I jumped my buddy's bike that was sitting for 4 months.

The lights didn't even turn on when I turned the key. But, I still got it to start.

·
Do the stanky leg~
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, thanks for the feedback I will try this stuff tomorrow. It's 9PM here in Japan, I'll post the end result. I can't trickle charge it because the Japanese power outlets are different than ours, when I plug a tender up it blows out...FTW Thanks again!

Josh

·
Do the stanky leg~
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright so I tried jumping it and had no success, it almost started, backfired and then shut off. I tried to push start it as well with no luck. My battery tender blew out because the power here in Japan is 50Hz rather than 60Hz. I found a tender online that will work here, it's on order. I just bought this damn battery new $400 (in Japan), because no one would ship it here. I'm taking it to the local auto shop to see if they can charge it up for me. I will repost after I find the fix, thanks for all of your inputs!

Josh

·
Do the stanky leg~
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Do the stanky leg~
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
youre in japan...ur bike is yamaha...there should be more parts there coz its from there.im just thinking...
I thought the same thing, the truth is they are all made in the U.S and then shipped out worldwide from there.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts