Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just received an afm module and I'm walking through the install. I get all the wiring up to the fi unit but where do I run the sensor wiring? Up along the outside of the swing arm behind the rear brake? Do I leave the connectors hanging out when not in use? Should the connector go up under the tank? How did others hook this up.

08r6

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well when Im street riding I don't need to have it connected all the time as in remove the sensor to save it's life over time. I figured the clip about 1' up the cable would be where you unclip the sensor, that clip is what I was curious about leaving hanging. I have no exup either. Are you saying I should leave it connected all the time even just rides to work? Im not getting any valuable data from it on these trips. I'd hate to burn up the sensor on useless data if it's easy to unplug.

·
Mr. HER6
2,084 Posts
I have the sensor harness zip tied behind my rearset and up against the frame. It's pretty close to the swingarm, but there is enough room that clearance is not a concern. I leave everything in place all the time.

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
well when Im street riding I don't need to have it connected all the time as in remove the sensor to save it's life over time. I figured the clip about 1' up the cable would be where you unclip the sensor, that clip is what I was curious about leaving hanging. I have no exup either. Are you saying I should leave it connected all the time even just rides to work? Im not getting any valuable data from it on these trips. I'd hate to burn up the sensor on useless data if it's easy to unplug.
Yeah, you can just zip tie tie it out of the way, and maybe tape up the connector.

Well, I do, I just stopped collecting data... It's the 02 sensor that would need to be removed, are you ok with that? If you are then have at it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah removal of the o2 sensor and probably just unplug the unit so it doesnt have power, no reason, all super easy stuff to do just couldn't figure out how to run the wire and keep it clear and neat. Yeah I can admit, Im picky.

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
yeah removal of the o2 sensor and probably just unplug the unit so it doesnt have power, no reason, all super easy stuff to do just couldn't figure out how to run the wire and keep it clear and neat. Yeah I can admit, Im picky.
I can snap a pick when I get home, it's tucked away nicely and can barely tell it's there.

And I completely understand, trust me; I'm probably the worst.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok now I have some issues! when I take the exhaust apart to get the O2 sensor in, the end is up against the lower case pretty hard, should I get heat tape for the wiring, it's pressed up against it to the point I had to remove the pipe to install, almost pinched.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts