Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Colombia
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short my bike just completely shut off on me and it would not start back up. I took it to the shop, they disconnected the bazzaz and boom! it started right back up without any problems.

Has anybody come across this problem before? luckily for me, my unit still under warranty.

·
Sometimes..........
3,414 Posts
im at work so i havent been able to.. I wanted to know if anybody came across something similar and what bazzaz ended up doing or saying.
Maybe you juat wanted me to post on your thread....maybe you want my number :poke lol. Let us kniw what they say/do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
was there an error code thrown? i'm betting you have a bad power connection... the scotch locks are POS's. i hardwired my power into the brake light harness and it's worked flawlessly since.

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,451 Posts
was there an error code thrown? i'm betting you have a bad power connection... the scotch locks are POS's. i hardwired my power into the brake light harness and it's worked flawlessly since.
You beat me. That. I had to solder it cause the damn scotch locks were going bad

·
Colombia
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used those scotch connectors when i installed the damn thing...it could be that, i spoke to bazzaz and the told me to send the unit so they could check it. It did throw me a code, it was 60

·
Pobrecitos
19,911 Posts
Mine did the same a few weeks ago on the FREEWAY, but I think my issue was a low battery (threw a code 31 or something). I got her home checked the power tap to the brake light and it seemed fine so I didn't touch it. My bike would click and turn over very slow. I charged the battery and it fired up just fine.

However, I did disconnect and reconnect the injector connections just to be sure nothing was loose.

I'd check your power tap first.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Power problem FOR SURE

don't use the connector provided by bazzaz. solder the wire!

i had same problem with mine.!!

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Good luck. Hope you're back in action soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts