Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an EeePC (XP Service Pack 2) that will not sync up to the Bazzaz self mapping software. My wife's computer (Toshiba with Vista) works great. I have the .net program installed and everything, it just won't recognize the Bazzaz system on the bike. Any ideas about this issue.

·
Zombies may bite!!!!
1,182 Posts
Most computer problems start between the seat and the keyboard.

·
Zombies may bite!!!!
1,182 Posts
ok but for real now.

Does the computer reconize that the bazzaz is connected at all?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok but for real now.

Does the computer reconize that the bazzaz is connected at all?
Yes, it does recognize it. It just won't sync up. It simply says that it is waiting to connect to the Bazzaz and just locks up, or at least appears to. I've left it alone for 10 minutes and came back to the same message about waiting to connect, maybe not that exact phrase, but something to that effect.

·
Zombies may bite!!!!
1,182 Posts
Firewall??

Sounds like it might be the prob.

Try disabeling it before you try to sync....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot, I'll give that a try.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
upgrade to SP3. My guess would not be the firewall. Different service packsalmost act like different operating systems.
I actually had SP3 on the computer, but recovered it and haven't upgraded it yet. I had the same problem with SP3. I am on duty right now, but as soon as I get home this morning, I will try the firewall idea. I'm just hoping that I can figure it out. That little EeePC is the perfect size for what I'm trying to do.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It doesn't work. I tried the firewall suggestion and still no joy.

·
Zombies may bite!!!!
1,182 Posts
Aer there port settings?

Like a config screen that states you can set up using a usb or maybe a com2 com3 port on thge software?

If you right click on my computer and go to properties. Then click on the hardware tab and then on the device mananger are there any question marks or exclmation marks???

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aer there port settings?

Like a config screen that states you can set up using a usb or maybe a com2 com3 port on thge software?

If you right click on my computer and go to properties. Then click on the hardware tab and then on the device mananger are there any question marks or exclmation marks???
There aren't any port problems. Maybe this computer isn't able to link to it.

·
Zombies may bite!!!!
1,182 Posts
That would suck.

Most of the time it's something stupid...You know Windows....lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, I have working USB ports. The computer recognizes the unit, it just won't sync up to it for some reason. It says, connecting and does nothing.

·
Registered
870 Posts
instead of selecting "find device auto" select "specific settings" then change the port to port1 or port2 etc... until it works.

·
Only Jealous Ones Envy
848 Posts
Did you ever figure ths out?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts