Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What timing do you run between gears? Do you just keep it standard, or is there what you have found to be a significant improvement? Installed mine last night and wondering what numbers you guys are entering for kill times.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
start with standard, and see how it reacts to your riding style.

i had to add 5ms between 4/5 and 5/6 and take away 5ms between 1/2.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
When I was on the webinar, the dude made it sound like starting at 10ms was a good bet. You will most likely need to tweak the time length for some of the shifts. Set it and give it a try man.

If the bike is tough to shift into the next gear, you need to go longer. If the bike revs a bit and bangs gear, you gotta go shorter.

That's the only input I have. Hopefully someone with it will chime in for you. I want the QS sooo bad.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
From my experience in drag racing, I would suggest the following....

For each gear, set the kill time to the absolute least amount of kill you need to make the shift, then add just a tiny bit more. This should eliminate missed shifts pretty much entirely and help save some wear on your transmission.

If and when the quick shifting takes a toll on your transmission and you end up having to work on it, do not even consider skimping out on the back cut.... do it, its cheap insurance....and while your at it, pick up the Factory Pro shift kit... I havent had the drag bike miss a shift since I put in the back cut/cryo'd gears with the factory pro shift kit... probably 2 years and 500 shifts later.... Hell, it will even shift gears while spinning the tire now, and it never did that before (on auto, not manual shifting):fact

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
what they send it with is normally near perfect for most people. Of course that depends on your rearsets, how fast you shift personally, your tranny and other factors. Best to start where they have it though and then work your way from there. Normally I just have to tweak 1-2 a bit, but the rest is perfect. w/ a quickshifter don't get lazy with your shifts either and make sure you push firmly/quickly on the shifter or else you can tweak the tranny over time (did it to my r1).

·
Registered
337 Posts
I know its an Old thread , but does anyone know the standard timing that comes with the Bazzaz QS? for the R6 08+?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts