Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed some sliders just now and the torque wrench slipped and I nicked myself in the face/near my eyebrow.

Left a nice Y cut there like how MMA or Boxers get cut. Hurt a little, was dazed, put alcohol on it and a bandaid.

Cool story bro.

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
That's why you always make sure the stress/force of the wrench is away from you. Lesson learned the hard way I guess. Just say it's a sick battle scar from a nasty 180 lb Pit. lol

-Ant.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's why you always make sure the stress/force of the wrench is away from you. Lesson learned the hard way I guess. Just say it's a sick battle scar from a nasty 180 lb Pit. lol

-Ant.
Thanks for the tip. Never had anyone teach me any of this stuff so I learn it all on my own.

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Never had anyone teach me any of this stuff so I learn it all on my own.
Yeah, I think 99% of people learn this way. SOmetimes you have no other choice. I work on cars for a living...every once in awhile I'll clock myself b/c there is no other way to pull/push the tool.

-Ant.

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
nice man now you can tell all the laides that your a mma fighter..lol

·
R stands for RaceBike
9,022 Posts
man i was changing out a tire one day and it slipped out from the bead and almost took my head off ivee seen tire iron knock teeth out

·
Registered
44 Posts
man i was changing out a tire one day and it slipped out from the bead and almost took my head off ivee seen tire iron knock teeth out
ive never hit myself with a tire iron but my hands did slip off of it once and i put a nice cheek sized dent in my fender.

i also sliced my nose in half using a pry bar, but thats another story.

·
12,482 Posts
Pics of your girl or BS

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pics of your girl or BS
What girl?

Oh and while we're at it since you guys all have great imagination. What's a good story to tell for this? Going over to a friend's in a bit and I know he's going to ask and I don't wanna say a torque wrench kicked my a**

·
RESPECT
29,160 Posts
Just installed some sliders just now and the torque wrench slipped and I nicked myself in the face/near my eyebrow.

Left a nice Y cut there like how MMA or Boxers get cut. Hurt a little, was dazed, put alcohol on it and a bandaid.

Cool story bro.
... :eek5 ... :bowroll ... was it at least a scooby doo bandaid??

that shit sucks...still funny though because it wasn't me...

Yeah, I think 99% of people learn this way. SOmetimes you have no other choice. I work on cars for a living...every once in awhile I'll clock myself b/c there is no other way to pull/push the tool.

-Ant.
Same here...I couldn't tell you how many times during the deployment that I smashed a finger, hit my hand, knuckles...just utterly muffed up my hands, arms, elbows and everything else I could think of while wrenching on vehicles.

i
i also sliced my nose in half using a pry bar, but thats another story.
:bowroll

·
R stands for RaceBike
9,022 Posts
say you were in a bar fight with some banditos and they sliced you with a switchblade or a broken bottle

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Pics of the tard mark please...yes its called a tard mark because its self inflicted... purposely or not...:fact

Yeah, we all do it from time to time...just some worse than others...

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pics of the tard mark please...yes its called a tard mark because its self inflicted... purposely or not...:fact

Yeah, we all do it from time to time...just some worse than others...
Don't really want to take off the bandage right now but I'll put it up tomorrow when I know it'll stop bleeding.

·
Insert nonsense here
5,092 Posts
Alcohol is pointless to use on cuts btw. It has minimal disinfecting properties. Mainly kills germs on the SURFACE. So you get a fun sting for nothing. Always use soap and water or hydrogen peroxide if you have some.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts