Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok the story goes like this... Was riding with a couple of people I met at a bike dealership a few weeks ago. I was careful with them cuz I didn't know what their skill level was. We stop at a gas station for a min, to take a break. Out of the corner of my eye I see a guy on a 03 honda 600rr, with a tank top, shorts, and no helmet. To make matters worst, he had a passenger wearing the same clothing. The guy pulls into the gas station with us, and starts eggin us to race him. Real loud and obnoxious, I wanted to race him quick just to shut him up. He came over to me and we chit-chated for a min, then he got back on his back. Again, he was yelling, "lets run em! come on lets run em!" From talking to the guy I could tell he had some drinks in him, I already knew he was crazy to want to race someone with no lid, but he was tipsy too. So then I was kinda worried about the passenger, cuz her life was in the hands of a drunk idiot. Well, sure enough the guy spills it about a couple miles down the road. I wasn't riding with him, cuz I had a feeling that he would be riding crazy. So by the time I got to the accident the road was blocked off. The passenger had to be heli lifted to the nearest hospital. Cop said she was in serious condition, but she should make it. The honda rider was messed up too, but he was ok. Cop says the dude tried to pop a wheeilie and lost it. Fuckin idiot...

Ride safe fellas, don't wanna hear anyone getting hurt on the sixx just because they wanted a couple of drinks b4 they rode. Also, think twice about riding with people if they have been drinkin too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Jeez what an idiot. Its pretty sad when you think about it.

I hope they are alright, but I hope that dumbass actually learns a lesson from the whole thing. Id put some blame on the passenger too, for not saying anything, or being a little smarter.



drinks+2 wheels really dont mix :cuss
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,548 Posts
Cleansing the gene pool isn't a bad thing.

The rider is an idiot for what he was wearing and drinking on the bike. The passenger is an idiot for getting on a bike with no gear and someone who was drunk. It is terrible but I don't feel bad for either person.
 

·
Hit It and Quit It
Joined
·
1,716 Posts
z31maniac said:
Cleansing the gene pool isn't a bad thing.

The rider is an idiot for what he was wearing and drinking on the bike. The passenger is an idiot for getting on a bike with no gear and someone who was drunk. It is terrible but I don't feel bad for either person.
You hit the nail right on the head :cuss :cuss :cuss
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,054 Posts
For sure guys......ya'll got it exactly right......i feel for their pain but don't feel sorry for em....that's just fuckin stupid.....i ride with a shitload of guys who have been riding for a long time and some of em dont wear helmets and that's their own deal.....but everyone we ride with is courteous of each other and the others on the road......but we still get a little crazy every now and then.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
:cuss I think its one thing to ride around like a jackass by yourself but as soon as you put another person at risk like that, it shoud be criminal. It makes me so mad the some people or girls are dumb enough to make a stupid-ass choice like that. That dude is gonna be feelin shitty in the mornin in more ways than one.
 

·
looking for more curves
Joined
·
1,881 Posts
Raven05 said:
:cuss I think its one thing to ride around like a jackass by yourself but as soon as you put another person at risk like that, it shoud be criminal. It makes me so mad the some people or girls are dumb enough to make a stupid-ass choice like that. That dude is gonna be feelin shitty in the mornin in more ways than one.
you would hope so...

I know that I ride different if I have someone on the back... mainly b/c you have to....

Drinking and riding is not my idea of a good time, nor riding without gear. I have rode in shorts/t-shirt and a helment (it's the law) but even that was too much for me.... I didn't like it b/c I was so scared that I was going to crash a melt my skin etc....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
hey, guys, no offense but i think you're being a tad too hard on the passenger. how many times have you got in a car with someone that had been drinking? she might have had no clue as to proper motorcycle operation, obviously he didn't. how was she supposed to know that he was going to pull it up and loop it? remember that girl that got dumped off the back of a ninja a few months back?? if you want to flame someone then it should be the driver b/c he had total responsibility for her safety and his. we all agree drinking and riding don't mix so let's leave it at that. and if someone could post a news article or an update on the girl's condition then that would be nice......and the name of the dude's boyfriend in jail :hump
:flame
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Are you a moron? Yes I have gotten into cars (4 wheels relatively safe) with ppl that had a few drinks. If you stupid enough to get on a bike with some on that has had more than one beer your a friggin idiot and deserve what you get...

R6RoadWarrior said:
hey, guys, no offense but i think you're being a tad too hard on the passenger. how many times have you got in a car with someone that had been drinking? she might have had no clue as to proper motorcycle operation, obviously he didn't. how was she supposed to know that he was going to pull it up and loop it? remember that girl that got dumped off the back of a ninja a few months back?? if you want to flame someone then it should be the driver b/c he had total responsibility for her safety and his. we all agree drinking and riding don't mix so let's leave it at that. and if someone could post a news article or an update on the girl's condition then that would be nice......and the name of the dude's boyfriend in jail :hump
:flame
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
i agree with ninja316.... shes acctually a bigger moron for getting on there....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
DINO_ONE said:
Are you a moron? Yes I have gotten into cars (4 wheels relatively safe) with ppl that had a few drinks. If you stupid enough to get on a bike with some on that has had more than one beer your a friggin idiot and deserve what you get...

NO need to bash R6RoadWarrior for his comment. he makes a good point here. This girl may have had no idea that this kid was drinking. Also they may have been local and he may have just said lets go for a ride around the block. Either way she should have been more cautious and I feel like this driver is a complete and total idiot. People today constantly see riders with no lids and think okay it must not be that bad. They are just unaware of how dangerous a bike can be. Especially with an idiot driving. I feel for the girl and hope that she has a fast recovery. As for the guy I hope he gives up on riding because he makes the rest of us look bad. However as for R6RoadWarrior I think he is in title to his opinion and brings up a good point that althought the guy is an idiot the girl may have just been oblivious to what she was getting into.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
OH and PS the movie torque def. takes the cake on this one.. 360 endos on the dirt in the forest and 200+ mph crashes that you can get up and walk away from without a scratch... Yeah very realistic. :bsflag
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,898 Posts
about torque dont forget the looking back and firing the gun at 300+ miles per hour and im sorry I love yamaha but there is no way that a warrior can keep ahead of a y2k..............as far as the crash dummy he had a honda to begin with what does that tell you....and for the girl the yget goofy when it comes to motorcycles "can I go for a ride, can I go for a ride, pleeaassseee take me for a ride"..........oh and torque had quite a few thong shots and biker boys was ok just because of laurence fishburne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
thats wierd ,.... up here NO ONE rides with out a lid ,..

if anyone saw someone with out one they would be taged and no one would ride , talk or hang with them ,.
and u get a huge fine or jail time

most of the sportbike guy's wear full gear ,.
i guess it's because we havs alot of highways , and long twesties ,.
were ur always up in the 200kph area !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
DINO_ONE said:
Are you a moron? Yes I have gotten into cars (4 wheels relatively safe) with ppl that had a few drinks. If you stupid enough to get on a bike with some on that has had more than one beer your a friggin idiot and deserve what you get...
stupid is as stupid does, LT. Dan......... :stupic
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top