Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anybody not living in CA should come here and we can have an r6-forum meet and a group ride :hump CA roads > every other places roads.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'm very envious. I sometimes wonder how you CA guys use up tires so quick, after seeing those picks i realize how. Have fun and be safe!

·
Registered
261 Posts
damn, just looking at the pics makes me wanna get on my bike and ride across the country. im gonna have dreams now of the road. LOl good luck and tear the hill a new one.

AE

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mt. Hamilton Road. I used to live near the top of Quimby which intersects Mt. Hamilton near Grant Ranch Park. Used to moutnain bike there too. The ride is awesome last time I did it. Battery died at the top, and had to put buddies batt in my bike to jump start, then put back in his bike while mine was running, and haul ass back to Milpitas without it dieing9SP?) on me. It was a blast. That was about 7 or 8 years ago when I made the mistake to move to AZ. A couple more years and I should be back, so it's all good.

Yeah, be careful and enjoy. Lick Observatory at the top is kind of cool to take the tour. It is fairly short, but interesting. You can hammer down the other side too. Takes you near livermore I believe.

Again, enjoy.

·
Registered
168 Posts
looks like you will need a parachute at some point :jump
be carefull man. reminds me of highway 35 towards half moon bay.
i'm sure some of us here from the bay area knows what i'm talking
about. just as sweet. and of course hangout at the four corners
is a must

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Yeah that road is pretty nice!
I drove there a few times and definitely have to ride up there on my bike.
The view from the Observatory up top is just amazing.

The road where it starts (Quimby to Mt. Hamilton Road is pretty close
to where I live)

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hammy_The_Can_Man said:
Man, looks awesome but take it easy. If you go off the road there, you'll need a parachute!
Parachute!!! That's a good one.

For real though, that looks like one sweet ass ride!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hammy_The_Can_Man said:
Man, looks awesome but take it easy. If you go off the road there, you'll need a parachute!
Parachute!!! That's a good one.

For real though, that looks like one sweet ass ride!

·
Registered
51 Posts
DAAAAMNNNNNNN!! Wish we had roads like that here in N. TX. We have to settle for flat roads with decent curves. But now they have gone and put tar with gravel in it on one of the best roads around. Fuckin TXDOT sucks ass.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Where are those twisties located? I'm from San Jose. ME WANT. ME WANT.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts