Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to say hello from So. Cal. I bought a new 2002 Suzuki GSX-R600 back in 12/2001, totaled it in 09/2005. Haven't ridden since. Then last month I decided to pick up a new 2014 Yamaha R6. Was debating between the GSX-R750 and the R6, the matte grey and black won me over. Already did my 600 mile service and have over 1000 miles on it and haven't even had it a month. Definitely digging riding again. Bought a new Dainese Laguna Evo Pelle Estivo jacket in white/black/red and some Steel Core Carbon Gloves in black/white from the Dainese store in Costa Mesa. Going to replace my old Shoei X-11 Daijiro memorial edition with an AGV Corsa in Velocity red in the near future. After feeling the X-12 and such I feel like Snell is going the wrong way with the standard of "make it harder" so I'm going to go with an ECE rated helmet. If I can get an X-Spirit II imported into the US I may go that way, but for now AGV is the way I plan to go.

As for the bike, it's pretty much stock. I know there are a few things I'd like to do with it, just deciding where to start. Been reading a lot trying to figure most of it out myself.

A small side note, I previously worked for Shoei Helmets, so I know a little bit about the helmet industry.

Look forward to learning more about these bikes and getting mine setup for me.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
:wave
welcome and enjoy the bike and the forum.

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,445 Posts
:wave

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
welcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts