Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i had my battery on a tender all through winter but i think its just getting too old. it died after starting up the bike about 10 times
im looking for the best bung for buck battery you can buy for a 05 R6. i dont care if its from ebay or pepboys.
does anyone have suggestions?:sing

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
MOTYDesign.....:fact

Mine is still going strong with literally no maintenance since installation. I got the smallest battery he makes and have tried it lots of cranking, cranking in sub freezing temps from dead cold, etc. Havent walked away yet and it took off like 5lbs.... whats not to like?

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts

Mine is still going strong with literally no maintenance since installation. I got the smallest battery he makes and have tried it lots of cranking, cranking in sub freezing temps from dead cold, etc. Havent walked away yet and it took off like 5lbs.... whats not to like?
My next battery :fact

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do 05s have same size battery as 06+???

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts

:stupic

get a iron lithium battery, they are slick.
I think it's Lithium Ion batteries (Science police here ;))

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
"trust me... i'm a doctor." WE KNOW. ;)

i wasn't going there at all. On a side note, I think these come from one manufacturer if I'm not mistaken (A123 batteries). I've met the founder in person, and he was quite a nice guy. We spoke ~30 minutes from his F1 endeavor with Mcalren F1 KERS batteries to him thinking of taking on MotoGP batteries soon if not already, he wouldn't divulge that info.

·
scared of big tracks
8,491 Posts

So you got the 4 cell? Are you using it on a street bike?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts