Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a 2008 R6 that is my trackbike and I have read that aftermarket brake lines WILL help you stop a lot quicker. Is this true? And how much better will they be? What kind is the best based on performance? Gravesport, Fren Tubo, Galfer, speigler, or goodridge? Thanks for the help everyone. Sorry if this is in the wrong section I could not find the brakes sections.

·
#KeepPounding
1,735 Posts
Fren Tubo. Good brake lines don't expand like stocks, which in turn greatly reduces brake fade and increases feel and stopping distance. Pair it with a good solid Fluid like Motul RBF600 and youll notice a monster difference.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Goodridge Superbike lines are my set of choice at this point. They aren't the cheapest but you can get just the front set separately making them affordable. They don't come in 10 different colors but are sick lines.

Single line off the master provides better clearance to the fork vs double line setups.

I've been setting up a lot of my racers on em with great results.

As mentioned, good fluid like motul RBF 600 will prevent fade and the braided lines keep the lever feel consistent when heat gets in the brakes.

Good pads will make you stop harder and faster. Fluid and lines will prevent spongy lever feeling under constant hard braking. The lines themselves will not have you stopping quicker tho.

:YEA

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
Goodridge Superbike lines are my set of choice at this point. They aren't the cheapest but you can get just the front set separately making them affordable. They don't come in 10 different colors but are sick lines.

Single line off the master provides better clearance to the fork vs double line setups.

I've been setting up a lot of my racers on em with great results.

As mentioned, good fluid like motul RBF 600 will prevent fade and the braided lines keep the lever feel consistent when heat gets in the brakes.

Good pads will make you stop harder and faster. Fluid and lines will prevent spongy lever feeling under constant hard braking. The lines themselves will not have you stopping quicker tho.

:YEA
This x2! Love the Goodridge lines with only the single line going to the M/C. It's the only style I'll buy from now on.

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
i have spiegler, but any quality brand should be just fine. as others have said, match them with good, clean, fresh fluid and a quality set of pads and you will see big changes in the way you stop your bike.

skip the rear line and save yourself some cash, too...

s3aturnr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts