Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20k+ miles, ECU flash, blah, blah, blah...
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water Wetter worked best for me. E.I. and LP didn't cool my bike like WW. WW kept my 08 r6 Temps about 7 to 10° cooler.
Has anyone tried Motul MoCool? If so, how was it?
What is the correct way to use WW? I bought 1/2 gallon of WW. The first time I used WW I used the 1/2 gallon in my radiator. I keep reading to use 8 to 10 cap fulls with distilled water? Is this with the 12oz or the half gallon of WW?

·
Registered
Everything you need to know is in the Service Manual !
177 Posts
Water Wetter worked best for me. E.I. and LP didn't cool my bike like WW. WW kept my 08 r6 Temps about 7 to 10° cooler.
Has anyone tried Motul MoCool? If so, how was it?
What is the correct way to use WW? I bought 1/2 gallon of WW. The first time I used WW I used the 1/2 gallon in my radiator. I keep reading to use 8 to 10 cap fulls with distilled water? Is this with the 12oz or the half gallon of WW?
I just started using WW and eyeball about 1/6 of the bottle into the radiator. I add a few caps into the overflow as well. Doesn’t keep it as cool as engine ice but still 180ish while riding. I don’t think the ratio is extremely important just get it as close as you can

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
U use the 12oz or the half gallon? Last time I use just over a half gallon of WW. I'm near Boston mass and it worked better than Engine Ice and VP stay frosty.
From what I've read ppl use the 12oz differently than the half gallon.

·
Registered
177 Posts
U use the 12oz or the half gallon? Last time I use just over a half gallon of WW. I'm near Boston mass and it worked better than Engine Ice and VP stay frosty.
From what I've read ppl use the 12oz differently than the half gallon.
Yea I used the 12oz. The small bottle. Must be a concentrate I didn’t even know there was a different size

·
Registered
177 Posts
Distilled water with couple caps of WW?
Ya, the half gallon can be poured right into the radiator
It would be more convenient, That’s the way I used engine ice. Just a fill, burp and forgot process. After riding other bikes I do have to say my R6 runs a lot cooler than any other bike I’ve seen. By at least 20 degrees F so Yamaha is doing something a little better. In the block porting or something to do with the water pump propeller maybe. My dual fans never kick on unless it’s 95+ and I’m stuck at a long light. Since I stunt ride I’ve wired my right fan to a switch and run it when I’m at the lot or notice the water temp above 200 but still it’s almost never needed. Compared to my pops R1 that seems like it cuts on the fan every single red light but cools back down pretty quickly ( he could just be running a leaner map also since he dynoed for peak hp )

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've only seen my 08r6 run about 10° F while riding in the summer using the half gallon WW in the radiator(100% WW). I did the same with Engine Ice as well. Haven't tried to mix either one with distilled water. When its 75° or higher my fans kick on at every long light at 212°. I got ecu flashed and changed the fan temp to 205°. It does cool relatively quick.
Idk if there's a difference between 100% WW or 90% Distilled Water and 10% WW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts