Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ashburn, VA
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a trackday this sunday and was wondering where are some good spots to mount my GoPro?

I usually have the suction cup mounted to the rear cowl or the handlebar mount on the mirror or the sticky in the front of the bike. Just looking for some fresh perspectives and angles. Post ideas/pics please! Thanks!

·
Track junkie wanna be
127 Posts
I use a flat mount on the top triple tree. It catches everything speed, rpm, down the track. Video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1gwYXyNi9c

I am also looking at mounting it where the plate goes for the rearview. I have TST Industries plate that bolts to where the plate would go. I drilled a hole in the center of it and am going to use a tripod mount to secure it to the bike. It does not hang as low as a plate so it should not come in contact with anything.

·
Mexico lindo
667 Posts
These are all good spots. I also put a flat mount on my tail facing back if I want a good shot of the rear, no shake or wind noise with this setup.

·
Ashburn, VA
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are a couple of different views I got...ps its was my second track day, any advice on body position would be great:

I also got a really good dash view that I'll post later.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
saftey wire that ****er! Mine came flying off and smashed into pieces! like glass!

·
Yeah Science!
7,338 Posts
Here are a couple of different views I got...ps its was my second track day, any advice on body position would be great:

I also got a really good dash view that I'll post later.
You gotta get your butt off more and also titties to tank!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.