Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the best bulbs to buy that are bright and have a nice color to them for an 08 r6 because as everyone knows the stock lights are that old ugly dull color...thanks

·
Banned
2,723 Posts
PIAA make a nice bulb---expensive, but if installed correctly (No touching the glass part) they can last 3+ years)

I know alot of people use the Silverstars since they're a bit more affordable. If you ride alot at night, spend the extra money.

t1

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Silverstars are the closet thing to HID lighting i've used .If your not up spending money for a HID kit.Get the silverstrs!

·
Registered
129 Posts
i have used silverstars and is definetely no match for HIDs. u want good light output get some hids. they are not that expensive and they are deff. worth it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool...but what would you recommend the star whites or xtreme star whites? and will they be more clear or blue? I'm lookin for something that looks good but at the same time visibility is the most important thing.

·
Registered
129 Posts
go for the xtreme. also i have seen many other problems with piaa they are top quality but they get so hot that they might burn your headlight

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
Don't really understand why anyone would even buy PIAA lights, yea they are good but not really for the price! You can get an HID kit for about the same amount you are going to spend on those damn things, might as well get the most light you can get.

·
Registered
129 Posts
^^^

i agree with you. its a waste of money to anything else than a HID kit. I bought piaa long time ago for my car fogs. and i will never buy from them. am not saying they arent good. they great but for that price i can get HID that is way batter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well where can i get an HID kit from because the only HID kit's i've seen were on ebay for 120 for one light and that was the cheapest i've found

1 - 11 of 11 Posts