Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's about that time that I dig deep in to my pockets and pull out the change to get a leather jacket. My wife got a really sick A* jacket today, and I think I'm about to pick one up next weekend.

Anyone have any good ideas on some of the best jackets to get? I'd love to keep it under $500.

Please post some links or even pics of your own.

I'm looking for an all black jacket.

Thanks!!!

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rider89 & justanothaguy: Thanks guys.....this looks pretty nice. I'm a new rider this year so don't know much about leathers. To be honest I haven't even heard of this brand until now. Is it a high-end brand and is it a good quality jacket?

I've kinda had my eye on this one right now, but still looking:
http://www.alpinestars.com/Alloy_Leather_Jacket/pd/c/121/np/121/p/310358.html

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Go Dainese or Alpinestars.

I'd go with Alpinestars mainly cause I went with Dainese as my first. Was great and all but it didn't have a liner and people said the symbol looked like transformers or spy vs spy.

·
^ Matt
5,011 Posts
rider89 & justanothaguy: Thanks guys.....this looks pretty nice. I'm a new rider this year so don't know much about leathers. To be honest I haven't even heard of this brand until now. Is it a high-end brand and is it a good quality jacket?

I've kinda had my eye on this one right now, but still looking:
http://www.alpinestars.com/Alloy_Leather_Jacket/pd/c/121/np/121/p/310358.html
Cant really comment on its ability to take a fall.. However I will say its very well constructed. like I said I ride pretty much daily ive ridden about 7,000 miles in the past 3 - 4 months and Ive had this jacket on 98% of the time.. other 2% was with a mesh jacket. Jacket feels solid and I feel confident that it will protect me durring a spill. its very comfortable to wear and it has two belt loops to keep it from riding up while riding. I clean mine about once and month and its still looking great. My one and so far only complaint is that its not very water proof at all so if you get caught in an unexpected downpoor parts of your upper torso will get wet but thats really just me being picky.
I could go on and on about the jacket but ill just say I like it and its worth every bit of 200 bucks I could have paid more and still felt i got my moneys worth. the vents work pretty well too as I was riding around mid day in 105 degree temp on multiple occasions.. dont get me wrong it was hot but not unbearable so long as you were not in bumper to bumper traffic.

feel free to ask me any questions you have about it or if you would like some pics.

ill say one last thing... aesthetically the jacket looks SICK I really get alot of compliments on it. not a major concern of mine but it strokes the ego for me :lmao

ps be kind i did not proof read this

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Go Dainese or Alpinestars.

I'd go with Alpinestars mainly cause I went with Dainese as my first. Was great and all but it didn't have a liner and people said the symbol looked like transformers or spy vs spy.
Which brand is better though?

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
gonna be getting an rs taichi gmx motion..only about 525, so check with vendors on the forums for a cheaper price. but it's an amazing jacket from what i've been reading. vents incredibly well during the summer time, just like wearing a t shirt. and having the liner in it and me going to be wearing an under armour will keep me warm throughout the winter.

check out reviews on it at STG.

·
Cant get enough of my 6
973 Posts
i have the icon tymax 2 leather jacket. got it from a forum member on here, love it, its very durable and hopefully ill never need it lol but im glad its as strong of a jacket as it is

·
Formerly Stealth Raven
3,951 Posts
both I and road rash have this jacket too..

I wear mine daily without any complaints :fact

BTW Corey i still want to type sealthraven for your username
Cant really comment on its ability to take a fall.. However I will say its very well constructed. like I said I ride pretty much daily ive ridden about 7,000 miles in the past 3 - 4 months and Ive had this jacket on 98% of the time.. other 2% was with a mesh jacket. Jacket feels solid and I feel confident that it will protect me durring a spill. its very comfortable to wear and it has two belt loops to keep it from riding up while riding. I clean mine about once and month and its still looking great. My one and so far only complaint is that its not very water proof at all so if you get caught in an unexpected downpoor parts of your upper torso will get wet but thats really just me being picky.
I could go on and on about the jacket but ill just say I like it and its worth every bit of 200 bucks I could have paid more and still felt i got my moneys worth. the vents work pretty well too as I was riding around mid day in 105 degree temp on multiple occasions.. dont get me wrong it was hot but not unbearable so long as you were not in bumper to bumper traffic.

feel free to ask me any questions you have about it or if you would like some pics.

ill say one last thing... aesthetically the jacket looks SICK I really get alot of compliments on it. not a major concern of mine but it strokes the ego for me :lmao

ps be kind i did not proof read this
+1 as stated i haave the same jacket..acuually have the full suit now.. and i love it to death..way better then my A* leather jacket..by far

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
dainese or alpinestars, everything else is not comparable, I was going too tell you the dainese new delmar I have one I love it great all year round but its 849.00, you'll be more then happy if you save a little more and go dainese or alpinestars. I like the alpinestars stunt leather for 399 all black and has a liner

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
save up and get a dainese santa moinica you will not regret it hands down best jacket ever

i had the alpinestars mx-1 and the santa monica is so much better in every way possible

1 - 20 of 57 Posts