Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Currently I have a '09 R6, installed a M4 GP slip on, I was thinking of replacing the midpipe but not too sure of my options. Also was looking to do a cat delete whenever possible, the bike isn't too loud currently, just wanted a bit more. What're good options/products/changes that'll make a good difference?

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
668 Posts
The m4 muffler delete is koud, but not overly so. Stainless but not back purged so the welds will eventually fail. But it should last as long as my oem header tubes.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
668 Posts
Yes that exact one. Aside from not purging the inside with argon the fit was pretty decent. I do have an exhaust leak at the end of the slot. Need to loosen the clamps and give her a wiggle and a push.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes that exact one. Aside from not purging the inside with argon the fit was pretty decent. I do have an exhaust leak at the end of the slot. Need to loosen the clamps and give her a wiggle and a push.
Appreciate it! I was thinking a cat delete as well, but cant really find shops around here that'll do it. Would you know if it's a hard job if you're determined and have access to tools that are easily available at stores?

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
668 Posts
It is easy. Hack saw or sawzall and and angle grinder. I was able to remove about 90% of the catalytic convers inside each pipe. Didn't have long enough tools. I suspect reusing my header gaskets was unsuccessful. It is hit and miss on those copper tube gaskets. I need to replace mine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is easy. Hack saw or sawzall and and angle grinder. I was able to remove about 90% of the catalytic convers inside each pipe. Didn't have long enough tools. I suspect reusing my header gaskets was unsuccessful. It is hit and miss on those copper tube gaskets. I need to replace mine.
Any videos you'd suggest since I'm not too sure on where to start?

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
668 Posts
This should give you an idea. Dark lighting and it looked like he cut the muffler box off different. M4 says to cut it off as close to the box not where he did. "M4 muffler delete r6" will return a bunch on youtube. Watch a few to see the common things you will encounter. I can clarify anything.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would not recommend drilling out the cats (honeycomb inside the pipes) unless you want your ears to bleed. It’s plenty loud with the m4 midpipe with them left in place.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
668 Posts
I drilled mine so I can't say if it increased vs left in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This should give you an idea. Dark lighting and it looked like he cut the muffler box off different. M4 says to cut it off as close to the box not where he did. "M4 muffler delete r6" will return a bunch on youtube. Watch a few to see the common things you will encounter. I can clarify anything.
I’ve been watching a few videos, I’ll get that mid pipe and see how it goes, appreciate it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts