Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, ive been thinking about buying a bike for a while, but was thinking about getting it right now becuase af that "offer" ($99 a month for 36 months with 7.99%APR) . . . Anyways, i live near the Pomona area and i was wondering if any of you could tell me what kind of good deals you got in this area and where. Also did they throw in any gear for free or anything like that? How were the people? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi. Im in the same boat as you and I am looking to purchase soon within 2-3 months. Ive been to Berts and Hahms of Aneheim. Both have great people working there but i felt more comfortable with the people at Berts. I think i will still shop around for the best price.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know which Berts your talkin about, but if its the one in Azusa, ive heard that their stuff is WAAYYY overpriced, mostly because they will finance almost anyone... If its a different one though, maybe things are different.

Im proly gonna end up buying from this little place in Montclair because a bunch of my buddies have bought from there, i just know that their all really impatient n probably didnt wait to see the best deal they could get... Thats why i wanna get an idea of what to ask for and how much sway you have with negotiating prices with bikes

·
USC
552 Posts
yea im in the same boat as well HAHA
i live right by walnut high..
ive been to berts and montclair and im gonna go to la cycle soon.
berts is way too overpriced. but like u said cuz they will finance anyone.
go to LA cycle sports, they gave me a quote for 9,500 OTD 08 raven
montclair isnt bad either, my frined got his 08 silver for 9,800 OTD.

im gonna get mine around auguast though.
if montclair is willing to finaince me that would be cool.
id get it earlier haha
cuz i know berts is like 11+ OTD. too much.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, Berts is out of the question, lol... Did your buddy get anything else in the deal? Gear or anything (at montclair Yamaha)?

Im cheking out LA cycle sport tomorrow, thanks!

·
USC
552 Posts
nope he didnt get anything...i told him to bargain but i guess hes too humble. lol
lemme know how la cycle sports is!!!!

imma go to cycle gear down in fullerton later this month and grab my
dainese gear.

honestly i want an 06 r6 raven but its hard to find one at a dealership..
havnt had any luck yet.
so i just gotta keep waiting.
i dont have enough money to pay cash up front
to a private seller otherwise man i would haha

·
I eat gixxer's
520 Posts
I stopped by Hahm's and they priced me for a yellow 08 r6 @ 10k OTD. i'm looknig for something between 9k-9500 OTD... cuz i still have to buy leathers and stuff :) BTW, I'm a newbie and never really have driven on the pavement so it'll be a learning experience :)

·
I heart my R6
464 Posts
Buy a cycle trader...Look up all the deals and just start calling around, alot of times dealerships will match or beat other dealerships prices to make a sale..so look at the advertised prices and bring in the add to show them

Theres alot of killer deals on 07's for 7999 + tax since they need to get rid of them. But ya, if your set on an 08' only just do some research and go to differrent shops talk to them

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have to Agree with Agent4573. If you are looking to get a great deal go to LA
cycle. They buy bikes in bulk so they push them out the door cheap.

http://www.otdcyclesports.com/

I got a Black 2008 R6 out the door for $9499. Berts wanted $12600 and didn't want to go below $10200.

·
Love the ride of my R6!
94 Posts
I have to Agree with Agent4573. If you are looking to get a great deal go to LA
cycle. They buy bikes in bulk so they push them out the door cheap.

http://www.otdcyclesports.com/

I got a Black 2008 R6 out the door for $9499. Berts wanted $12600 and didn't want to go below $10200.
I got good quotes from OTD as well for an 08 R6! It will be your best bet for the price. Good reps as well.

I ended up getting mine off of craigslist in the end cause I did not want to deal with any more payments.

·
Doing whooolees on my 08
133 Posts
I got my 08 R6 at Yamaha of Cucamonga for 10,200...It came with A textile Joe rocket jacket, gytr slip on exhaust, frame sliders, tank pad, KBC helmet with 2visors, and an extended warranty...You should try them out

·
07 r6
74 Posts
Bellflower Motorsports. ask for Doug. hes a good buddy of mine. tell him johnny sent you. he can get it cheap and hell probably beat previous offers, given theyre legit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went to berts to get my bike 08 R6 and think i got a good deal it was 10K out the door but they got me free helmet,jacket,gloves,and flush mount kit for all turn signals and stuff. Guy was cool and got no pressure to buy.

·
Clumpy Mold
35 Posts
Yeah, Bert's is really nice but a tad overpriced. I actually bought BOTH my bikes off eBay. ;)

But seriously?! Payments on a BIKE? If you're considering doing that, you should really rethink your priorities. It's a motorcycle! And I think it should be paid ALL at once. If you can't afford it, don't buy it. Simple as that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts