Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the best looking scooter that reaches 70mph+ good gas milege, im looking for one right now since gas is rising. I have my 06 r6 but i dont want to use my baby all the time.

·
Registered
710 Posts
The best looking scooter is one left at the dealership. If you're looking for gas mileage just keep the revs down on the R6 and you can get to 50 mpg easily.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I know you say it's your baby, but it is just an R6. It's not going to be a collectors item; get out there and put some miles on it! My R6 has 50k miles and runs like new. It was ment to be ridden, and ridden hard.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
i agree...just ride the r6! Plus when you're out n about on it people arent going to look at you like you're limp wristed

My bike does just fine for gas mileage without sacrificing anything at all

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
My sister has a Yamaha Majesty. 400cc, Ive had it to 95 according to the speedo, and it was still pullin. She does all in town driving, and I think she still gets over 60mpg.

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
08 Ninja 250r
+1.

The really small (50cc) scooters just don't have the power to go 70. However, a 250 motorbike will get you down the highway without too much trouble. I'm looking at a 250 Nighthawk as a daily grinder. Not only will it save on gas, but it will save an absolute ton on tires. All other consumables (chains, sprockets, etc) will last longer with a 250 than a supersport.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts