Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 r6
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure out where to order fairings for my 08 r6. I got screwed over from FAIRING MASTER last year. Someone in California had the account number and rerouted the fairings to there address. I continuously emailed the company and they didn't do shit. Luckily paypal reimbursed me. I'm thinking of going thru ifairings. Any suggestions? Thank u

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,005 Posts
I had to replace my Auctmarts fairings last May. Took about six weeks at that time due to COVID, but since I’d been pleased with the last set for over 10 years I ordered from them again. I was just as pleased with this set. A couple of things to note:
1. My bike is a 2nd gen, so I can’t speak on the fitment on a 3rd gen, but fitment on mine is about 8 out of 10. Just take your time fitting them the first time, and they will go on and off without a problem in the future.

2. The color is a little different from the 10 year old set. This is to be expected when dealing with a 3 stage paint applied 10 years apart, and it actually matches the tank I painted better than the first set. Mind you we are talking minute differences in shade/tone. You would not be able to tell looking at the bike that it was a different set. But if you laid two pieces side by side in the sunlight (one from the new set and one from the old), you can see that the old set has a little more red in the pearl. This is most likely due to a little heavier application of the pearl coat last time. But that’s ok for me. When I painted the tank 10 years ago, I made the decision to go light othe pearl because the paint I could get here had a larger flake, so a lighter coat of pearl minimized the difference, and this time, the fairings are REALLY close.

Again, we are talking ultra fine points here. Things only seen from my particular brand of OCD. And things that wouldn’t be valid complaints even if I’d spent 3 times the money.

Old Auctmarts set:

New Auctmarts set:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts