Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which is the best slip on for a 03 r6 iam looking for sound blue flame or devil and which is easier to install

·
Registered
995 Posts
if ur just interested in sound, Blueflame is the one to go for.personally i'm a Akro' man

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Basically it comes down to preference. It all comes down to sound, looks, high mount/low mount, the name/reputation, price.
I got the Blue Flame since i got a good price on it from Hammy and he suggested it also for the sound and quality. I know Akras are great pipes but for a slip on, it was just too much dough. I also heard a Jardine slip-on and that ones sounds really good too and not badly priced. Hindles are probably the best bang for the buck. Devils are very similar to Blue Flames in sound. So it all comes down to what exactly you are looking for. I know it is hard to get an idea to begin with.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Any regular mount slipon will be easy to install. High mounts shouldn't be much harder to install. It only requiers simple bolt on mechanical knowlege. So you just need to find one you like. Sometimes it is hard to determine the sound you like unless you know lots of people with the bike you have and different exhausts. I have the Micron reg mount red fade black slipon and when you juice the throttle it screams!! I wish I had a tunnel to drive through in OKC so I can hear it echo. There are a few low bridges here in town but it isn't the same.

My $.02

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
HALFBRAIN said:
which is the best slip on for a 03 r6 iam looking for sound blue flame or devil and which is easier to install
Both sound great, Devil (what I have) is a little throatier and gives a little bit of a muffled buzz at real high rpms.

I am SUPREMELY happy with the Devil high mount SB2 I purchased from hammythecanman.com

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
i personally love my blue flame high mount. sounds awesome and looks dam sexy. :hump

took about 45 to an hour with friends and a little beer involved. :cheers

·
Registered
318 Posts
that beer helped speed up the process then huh? Cheers to you :cheers !! I do my best work unintoxicated though..

·
Registered
329 Posts
Or try a Wolf - which beat all the rest in the MCN test - we do high and low level in stainless carbon and titanium - round or oval and they install in about 5 minutes (one bolt on the rear peg and one clamp)

The sound is deeper than anything you'll ever hear...

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
R6Firefighter said:
Why is it no one has a D&D on their R6? :?: I just ordered one and wanted to know if something was wrong with it before I put it on.
They are VERY loud from all reports......

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
penfold said:
R6Firefighter said:
Why is it no one has a D&D on their R6? :?: I just ordered one and wanted to know if something was wrong with it before I put it on.
They are VERY loud from all reports......
That is why most on here don't have it, unless that is what you dig, from my experience ( a friend's friend has one) they are just straight loud.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am running stock right now so I guess I will see how loud soon. I will post it as soon as I get it on and let everyone know what I think. I am sure going from stock to D&D will be quite a change for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
:idea: This should be interesting then. That is a pretty funny analogy. My neighbors will love it when I start it @ 6:00 a.m. I suppose it can be considered a safety device...if they don't see me they will definitely hear me. I am so glad I found this web site. I had been looking on another and this site was recommended to someone else so I came here. Now, if I can figure out how to get some pics on here I will share.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
to get pics up on here, go to the image gallery, then select the gallery you want them to be in, and in the upper right hand corner, you'll see a box that says <<admin options>> and if you click on that drop down box, you can add a photo or photos and then you can link to them in a thread. to do that, click on the pic you want to link to and when it comes up, right click on it, the select properties, and copy the url of the pic, then go to the thread, and use the img tags on either side of the url to insert the pic. it should look something like........

but I didn't want the pic to show up yet. when its done right, it looks like

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered from parts411 and they have already sent the order to D&D...so since I am in FL I am hoping to be able to get it by this weekend. 411 says I should have it around 5-10 days from order. I ordered on the 13th. Trust me, I am waiting on the corner for the UPS truck!:jump

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got the D&D in the same day I was talking about it! Put it on (about 15 minutes). I LOVE IT. I know some people don't like it but I think it is great. It is loud but I guess that is what I wanted. Don't know what to do next. I need to get some rear blinkers and license plate lights but haven't found any I like yet. Oh, well, I am happy for a while. :jump

1 - 20 of 23 Posts