Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for buying a slip on for my 00 R6. In your guys opinion which one has the best sound and performance. I was with a bunch of bikes this weekend and they drowned my little R6 out. It hurt my feelings :roll: I was thinking of a yoshimura or two brothers but I would like to hear what you guys think first

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I am real happy qith how my Devil SB2 hi mouht sounds

REAL HAPPY!!!

Thx Hammy

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you go for a straight through race can they all sound similar IMO. Loud and awesome. Go for the one that looks the best. You just have to dodge the EPA (enviromental protection agency). They book u for noise pollution. I can't help with street cans. No experience apart from stock.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
hammy and penfold got it right. thee blue flame cans sound great and will give a boost in the hp. if you are looking for a carbon fober can this is one of the best looking ones in my opinion. the clearcoat brings out the carbon very well. just my 13 cents, :cheers

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
loki1313 said:
hammy and penfold got it right. thee blue flame cans sound great and will give a boost in the hp. if you are looking for a carbon fober can this is one of the best looking ones in my opinion. the clearcoat brings out the carbon very well. just my 13 cents, :cheers
You been dippin into the hooch already, haven't ya?

Hammy, do you have a sound clip of Pete's (Wolf Racing) slip-on can?

G

·
speaking of blueflame anybody know the average HP gain we can expect from stock with a powercommander also??? All i get when i look up blueflame on google is some crap not related to motorcycle exhausts. :moon

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
man penfold wish i was at that time i was actually at wok. i was just typing as fast as possible to get it typed before i got caught. :mrgreen:

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
loki1313 said:
.....i was just typing as fast as possible to get it typed before i got caught. :mrgreen:
I know what you mean :hammer Maybe a spell checker feature would be a nice feature to add but an option to turn them off or on.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I'm sorry but I don't have any sound clip's for Wolf exhausts. In fact, I just recently became a dealer of Pete's pipes and don't have a lot of first hand experience with them. I can say that Pete appers to be a great guy and is working on some "very innovative" stuff that I'm seriously looking forward to. I don't want to say much more, but keep your eye on Wolf! As far as power gains go with ALL slip-on's (generally speaking) You can expect 3-5 HP gains. The primary purpose of a slip-on is weight savings, uncorking the thing so that it sounds like a GD motorcycle and not the Kirby vac, and looks. I can say that I've never had a motorcycle that I owend and could ride to it's fullest potential (well, maybe the Honda 50 mini trail :roll: ) so 3-5 HP was never going to make me or break me. Don't get me wrong, I'm always looking for more power. I just don't know that I personally could use it to it's greatest potential. I have to laugh when a guy gets his first motorcycle, say a GSXR1000, and he wants to put a full system on it. However, an experienced rider on say, AN R6will give him a birds eye veiw of the tail lights in the twisties. I ride with a guy whose family owned the local Triumph (old Triumph, not new Triumph) shop here years ago. He has raced his whole live and you should try keeping up with this old cat when he's just playing. He hauls ass in the rain too. If I could ride half as good as he can I'd be dangerous. How did I get off on this rant?.........

·
Registered
106 Posts
DEVIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ihave a devil carbin shotgun and it sounds gudddddddddddd!!Thumbs up on my side!! :twisted: :boob :hump

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
:flame :flame :flame :flame :flame :flame :flame :flame :flame

·
Registered
327 Posts
Forget what everyone else has said. The M4 carbon fiber high mount looks SWEET!, and it adds 7hp (according to the dyno charts on their website). It also makes the bike sound like an R1 with a slip-on. Get a Power Commander to go along with it.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
I have seen and heard the M4, my buddy had it (from Cycle Gear & were cheap) on his 02 R6 and they do sound good, but since I have my Blue FLame, i think the BF sounds louder. But nonetheless, the finish and make is nice, very very similar to the carbon BF that i have especially the carbon pattern!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts