Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2008 r6 with 3.5k miles on it. I want faster acceleration I don't care much about top end at 160mph because I think its pointless to go that fast if I'm going to give up acceleration. Let me know what you guys have for setups, what brands you use and how you like it! Planning on getting full leo vince exhaust, power commander 5, larger air filter, new sprocket and chain then a dyno tune. Let me know if you have any advice! i'm new to the r6's and I'd love any advice anyone has. Thanks!

·
Ride Safely
1,399 Posts
16/48 is stock, correct? and what brand are you running?
Stock is 16 / 45

i used stock chain and got pitbull front Sprocket and Driven rear Sprocket .

Stock is 525 Pitch

But i will be switching to 520 Pitch RK GXW with new Sprockets..

Note: Pitch must match on F Sprkt Chain and R Sprkt

·
Premium Member
35,477 Posts
I'd go with -1/+1. -1/+2 is TOO much, imo. I have Driven sprockets and DID chain. Also if you are super OCD like me, get a SpeedoDRD to fix your speedometer. Lastly, I'd probably swap out the sprockets and chain last. I'd run the full system and fuel management first because those are PLENTY quick already.

·
Ride Safely
1,399 Posts
I'd go with -1/+1. -1/+2 is TOO much, imo. I have Driven sprockets and DID chain. Also if you are super OCD like me, get a SpeedoDRD to fix your speedometer. Lastly, I'd probably swap out the sprockets and chain last. I'd run the full system and fuel management first because those are PLENTY quick already.
I agree with Sherman....now after adding fuel management and updated air filter with a flashed ECU im strugling to keep the front tire down so -1+1 Sounds more realistic.

·
Needs to Learn
158 Posts
I'd go with -1/+1. -1/+2 is TOO much, imo. I have Driven sprockets and DID chain. Also if you are super OCD like me, get a SpeedoDRD to fix your speedometer. Lastly, I'd probably swap out the sprockets and chain last.
I also Agree with Sherman. I went -1/+1 and im very happy with it!! Its not too crazy. This is what i got from Motomummy.com

https://www.motomummy.com/chain-kits-with-steel-front-and-rear-sprocket/driven-evo-spec-yamaha-520-superlight-steel-chain-kit-with-est-technology/

They have also, always taken care of me!!! Plus here is a link to the chain guide that lists the different items.

http://forum.motomummy.com/index.php?/topic/70-motomummy-chain-review/

The EK MVXZ id say this the best chain you can get from what i saw from the listings. I got the package deal, and went with a drdspeedo and a rivet/chain breaker for a total around 300 new to my door with free shipping!!

GL on what you choose but -1/+1 should be plenty

·
El Speedy Gozales
924 Posts
I went with a -1 up front and stock tooth rear (520 conversion). I loved it for most tracks and on the street. At the most I would say -1/+1.

·
When in doubtThrottle out
5,058 Posts
For track use -1/+2 worked perfect for HPT, come close to topping out 6th at the end of the straight.

For street use it's preference but realize you will give up economics for a shorter gearing....meaning your commutes will cost you far more gas if you stretch your gearing too much.

·
Yeah Science!
7,339 Posts
I have -1/+2 and I feel like it's too much. I'll probably just go to stock gearing when I need new chain and sprockets or at most -1.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,552 Posts
Personally if I ever switch up I'd go -1 +0 but I'm currently happy with stock the bike pulls pretty well as is IMO.

·
My Mind,My World
529 Posts
I'm running -1/0 520 conversion and I'm more then happy with it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
ARMADA
1,038 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts