Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
fast like nascar
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stupid topic maybe but im looking for a good rear stand for my 6, most look pretty big and bulky. is there any more compact stands out there?

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
I got a pitbull it looked the most sturdy. I dont want a little wind, energetic kid, or bump knocking my bike over.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
I really liked my graves stand...until it was stolen!

But i'll be gettin another one of those...

·
My R6 eats with me
742 Posts
I have a Hindle stand. It's quite strudy yet compact. I walked into my garage the other day to find my fatass neighbour sitting on my bike while it was on the stand. Helped himself to a beer from my beer fridge too! God I hate that guy.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
No experience but from everything I've heard, Pitbull is where its at.

·
My R6 eats you -->
522 Posts
I have a Hindle stand. It's quite strudy yet compact. I walked into my garage the other day to find my fatass neighbour sitting on my bike while it was on the stand. Helped himself to a beer from my beer fridge too! God I hate that guy.
:screwy :lmao

Not sure what it is called or who makes it, or if it fits an r6... :D but it looks really sturdy and nice.

·
Registered
603 Posts
IMO I would have to say PITBULL or LP procomp (LockHart Phillips)stand . I have the LP procomp rear myself and love it ,I'am planing on buying a PITBULL for the front very soon..

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Not sure what it is called or who makes it, or if it fits an r6... :D but it looks really sturdy and nice.
I'd go ahead and bet it also carries quite a nice pricetag as well haha

Chris, the gpi doesnt look like its the most sturdy stand out there. That could be just me though since i've never had one and havnt seen them used. T-rex stands off ebay have gotten decent feedback on the forums and resemble the pitbull. The t-rex isnt the quality of the pitbull stand, but thats a cheaper way to go. My graves stand was extremely light, very sturdy, and never had a problem proppin the bike up with it. People have sat on the bike while it was on the stand and it was no problem at all...The way id go is graves (since i had one), then pitbull, then with t-rex stands. Just my .02 though!

·
Do Work!
1,005 Posts
That would annoy the hell out of me. Sounds like you need an alarm.

I have a redline stand for my rear. its the only stand that I've used but so far im lovin it.

·
Ahead of you!!!
305 Posts
I bought T-Rex stands bc I was a little strapped for cash (college student). Let me tell you these stands work well enough for me and they look great too! The quality is good and they packaged everything in bubble wrap just to make sure nothing would get messed up. I got both stands including the triple tree clamp for the front for $150 which included the $25 shipping! Dont be fooled by the price I am happy and have heard from others that have only had good results from them as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a put bull one-man rear stand and the spool ear of the stand blocks the axle nut on my R6 when the bike is up.. Naturally, you can remove the nut before you put it on the stand, but it annoys the hell out of me because 95% of the time, I forget...

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
Pitbulls are the way to go. I have two rear stands and One front stand.

Yes they do cost some dough but I have seen way to many bikes get dropped off of cheaper stands.

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts