Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the best and lowest priced tire for my money.I know the Michelin or Bridgestone are probably the best,but they are around $300,that's alittle more than my budget.What about the Srinkos,or Maxxis,etc.
I need tires ASAP,so please reply.
Thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts
Back when I used to commute and go to the track on the same tire, Corsa III are all I woudl use. I tried PP before, but they didnt seem to give me the feedback I needed.

If you commute but plan to do tack days as well, one of the best investments for you might be a second set of wheels.....then have a track set and a street set, otherwise you will find yourself having to replace your tires after 2 or 3 track days becuase they are too worn for track, even though they might still be good for street.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Back when I used to commute and go to the track on the same tire, Corsa III are all I woudl use. I tried PP before, but they didnt seem to give me the feedback I needed.

If you commute but plan to do tack days as well, one of the best investments for you might be a second set of wheels.....then have a track set and a street set, otherwise you will find yourself having to replace your tires after 2 or 3 track days becuase they are too worn for track, even though they might still be good for street.
I plan to get another set of wheels as soon as money permits

·
Premium Member
30,463 Posts
i'm voting for the bt-016's. they're a triple compound tire, soft on the edges, medium in the "meat" area, and hard in the center for the straight line rides. ~$220 shipped, and i know where. so if you can't find em for that price, lemme know - i'll point you in the right direction. :) good luck man.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Srinkos = Shitcos...When I bought my bike it had one on there and I slide all over...But I really don't commute much on the R6...Either back roads or it's the truck...

·
Is this a segment?
17,688 Posts
Take-offs just save you money. Especially while finding what tire you like the best.. assuming you're not buying take-offs that are thrashed.

·
New Yorker
2,736 Posts
What's the benefit of using take-offs? I've heard of this being done, but don't understand why...

cos its cheap and still has plenty more life just for trackdays. heck, some racers even runs take offs.

some racers, use set after set during qualifying or practice race and most of the time those tires still got plenty more for just trackdays. sometimes you can even get a set with one trackday with it or two. if you picking up take offs, just stay away from hard compounds.

rule of thumb, if you see treads on the side, its still good. now for discoloration, i have a friend who had a black/blue 211 ntec take offs,and he was blasting. guy is fast

·
New Yorker
2,736 Posts
10-4. I don't want to ask 21 questions but why stay away from hard compound tires?

if you're not running tire warmers, and just heating up your tires by session it takes a while to get it to temp and its a hit and miss. plus, why would you wanna run hard compounds?

·
Premium Member
30,463 Posts
they don't warm up very well on the street, and they'll slip out from under ya. ran ONE set of hard compound take offs back in college, and that's when i learned to "bostrom" the rear end of that bike. fun now, but scary as hell back then. haha.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts