·
RIDE, SURF, L )VE
12,698 Posts
drop the clutch, hit the gas, and...

Please don't think I'm serious...I've never attempted a wheelie, nor will I

·
Registered
61 Posts
cover your rear brake with your right foot ALWAYS. and stand on the passenger peg with your left foot. get roliing about 10 mph and pull in the clutch and rev the engine up and keep it there and let out the clutch. keep reving it higher and higher each time til the front end pops up almost to the balance point. let the front come up on its own never pull the front end up it can come up crooked if you do that and itll end bad. if it starts leaning to one side lean your body very slightly in the same direction and it will turn the bike that direction and correct it

·
RIDE HARD!!
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what gear should you be in? and it's better to stand then to sit?
cover your rear brake with your right foot ALWAYS. and stand on the passenger peg with your left foot. get roliing about 10 mph and pull in the clutch and rev the engine up and keep it there and let out the clutch. keep reving it higher and higher each time til the front end pops up almost to the balance point. let the front come up on its own never pull the front end up it can come up crooked if you do that and itll end bad. if it starts leaning to one side lean your body very slightly in the same direction and it will turn the bike that direction and correct it

·
Registered
61 Posts
what gear should you be in? and it's better to stand then to sit?
1st. Much more engine braking than any other gear. And when learning standing is usually best it gives you better control over the bike.

·
zomething different
8,430 Posts
did someone just tell a noob to try and get it to the bp?! :nono

·
I like bbq sauce on my R6
2,146 Posts
Near a hospital.
i'm not a stunter. never have been, probably never will be. However I have no issues with stunters. It's perfectly legal and fine in a controlled environment.

Pass me at 130 with 1 wheel up splitting lanes on a highway? Then we have issues.

·
You Only Live Once..
80 Posts
i have a group of friends that stunt, and have been stuntin for a few years now. and they all say the same thing. if your going to to wheelies and shit then do them on a bike you can beat on. dont go around liftin ur front end up to be impressing people because your gonna do it at the wrong time not thinkin bout the enviroment your on such as a bit of hidden gravel,cracked road,bumpy road etc etc. all thats gonna happen then is your gonna eat shit and wreck yourself.

but its your life. just my .02 so i say grab that clutch goose it be in a controlled enviroment and enjoy urself.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,841 Posts
So you wanna learn wheelies..... TWO WORDS: DIRT BIKE!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts