Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Stunt Rider
7,951 Posts
I've always done air box route. But, Radiator route seems easier.

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
I typically do the air filter at the same time (wash filter, change plugs, reinstall filter next morning when dry), so airbox is my norm.

·
Punisher
32 Posts
I have always done airbox. I also do my air filter at the same time and oil change as long as it's around 2-3k miles and some detailing so I usually plan to spend a whole day on my bike.

·
My R6 moves me
149 Posts
I went through the radiator and just took it all the way out made it easier to get at the plugs and remove the coils. I tried the airbox way at 1st found this easier

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I tried the radiator route but I'm stuck at doing it. I remove the big 3 screws but it still refuses to go down a bit so I can reach the sparks plugs. Is there anything holding it? I'm can't really see a thing and I don't won't to break anything either.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
My R6 moves me
149 Posts
Agreed you will have to take the whole radiator out to have a easier time getting at them not just losen the top bolts. Once its all the way off they will be at hands and most importantly tools reach. Good luck but you won't need it once the radiator is all the way off.

·
....Casper....
719 Posts
i can't see draining coolant and re-filling just to replace the plugs... the airbox route takes maybe an hour tops and you dont have to fcuk with fluids.

unless you i needed to change the coolant anyways theres no way i'd go through that.

·
#KeepPounding
1,726 Posts
i can't see draining coolant and re-filling just to replace the plugs... the airbox route takes maybe an hour tops and you dont have to fcuk with fluids.

unless you i needed to change the coolant anyways theres no way i'd go through that.
This. I changed the plugs on a Buddy's 05 about two months ago through the air box, super simple WITH THE RIGHT TOOLS.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.