Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get my bike from Jacksonville Florida, to Las Vegas Nevada. Is paying the $675-850 to ship it in an enclosed container worth it? Or would it be reasonable to completely strip down my bike and ship the parts separate then put it back together?

So basically if you needed to get your bike from coast to coast what would you do??

Im asking for the cheapest solution....

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
cheapest solution is to drive the bike down your self in a truck....imo at least

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
+1 for ride...........grow a pair lol

·
R6 Pilot
783 Posts
u pay 4 the gas, my food, $150 for me 2 find sumwhere 2 sleep & my return airfare & ill ride it there 4 u

·
Do or do not...
202 Posts
Build a crate and ship it with an LTL carrier. Something like Yellow or Roadway. I work for Midwest Motor Express right now, and our rates are pretty damn cheap. I've seen boxes the size/density of bikes ship that far for as low as 150 bucks. Just gotta call ask, and be prepared to haggle with the guy.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I just moved from Montana to Kentucky and rented a U-Haul to bring all my stuff. Had 2 fit my R6 and Suzuki Boulavard plus my car. Total cost was $3,125ish for rental, gas, and food (around 2,000 was gas alone).

·
Sixer
34 Posts
Go to a dealer and garbage pick the metal create the bikes ship on... It will make shipping easier. ask them if they have one if you dont see any.

·
Do or do not...
202 Posts
Go to a dealer and garbage pick the metal create the bikes ship on... It will make shipping easier. ask them if they have one if you dont see any.
You can bet on paying for it. Those crates are pretty expensive and have to be returned to the manufacturer.

Also, one other benefit for shipping with an LTL carrier, if they damage it, they will pay for it to be fixed. Make sure to document everything you have done to it, otherwise they will only be liable for OEM stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts