Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think has been the best year for the R6 overall? I know it's kind of a broad question, but I just want to see what people think.
Thanks All!

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
07 (Cuz it's what I own) But in all honesty, I really like the 06 Raven. I definately like the 06/07/08 body style the best...much more than any other year.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Raven is that the one with flames on it?
I got the same color, going to have some air brushing done to mine old man laid it down 2wks after I got it, scratched up the side of it, didnt have my sliders on yet. got some t rex sliders now found them on ebay for $30

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I'd say 06 or 07 based upon looks. :D

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
2005 no question.

·
Registered
48 Posts
aux light the one in the middle, I took out the white one and put in an orange one, there are so many charcoal r6s here hard to tell riders a part sometimes, took off the r6 on the sides flush mounted the licn plate under the mid tail, have flushed mount red led rear turn sigs wet sanded the inner windscreen and painted it black, to cheap to by dble bubble. i was the only one to have a decay helmet today seen someone with the same helmet. Tryn to get airbrushing before anyone else around here. Live in a town with less then 100 sportbike riders

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
For me it's probably the 03-04. They have the best front end in terms of feel and handling of any generation R6, and some people even say they are the best ever on a mass-produced bike. Plus, I prefer the looks of the 03-05. They're still small enough to be nimble and such, but large enough for us fat guys to actually ride around the track without looking quite so silly.

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
My favorite R6 is the 50th anniversary. I was loooking for one when I came across mine. I bought mine in 07 with 1500 miles for 4800. Couldnt pass it up.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts