Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a scam that has been going on for a while now on Ebay and it's now being sent in E-mails. I know because I just got one today. The scam is this: They have a bike for sale and they give you some sob story about how they MUST get rid of the bike and it's currently overseas. On Ebay they usually won't let you bid on the bike unless your "pre-approved." Here is the E-mail I got today:
HELLO MISS /MR. ALL I`M ASKING IS A FEW MINUTS TO LISTEN ABOUT WHAT I HAVE TO SAY. I AM LOCKED IS SPANIN AND THE BIKES IS LOCKED IS LOCKADE IN SPAIN. THIS IS THE DESCRIPTION AF THE BIKES: YEAR:2003 MILES:500 CONDITION:USED EXTERIOR:SILVER WARRANTY:EXISTING ENGINE:HEAVY (700 CC AND UP) TITLE:CLEAR VIN NUMBER:JYARN10E13A009083 THE SHIPPING ATXES WILL NOT BE A PROBLEM BECAUSE I WILL SHIP IT VIA DHL. THE FINAL PRICE IS 4000 US $ WITH ALL THE SHIPPING AND PAYMENT TAXES ARE INCLUDED IN THE PRICE. AFTER YOU SEND MY THE DELIVERY TAXES DHL 20%(800 USD) I WILL SEND THE BIKE AND YOU TEST THE BIKE AND IF IT DOSE NOT MATCHES 100% TO YOU EXPEDITIONS, I WILL RETURN IT IN MAX. 10 DAYS SIENCE THE ARRIVAL DATE.iN IF YOU ARE INTEESTED PLEASE EMAIL ME BACK WITH YOUR CONCERS OR QESTIONS AND I WILL MAKE MY BEST TO GIVE YOU THE CLEAREST ANSWERS AS SOON AS POSIBLE. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE TIME GRANTED!

From what I've been told, many people on E-bay have been stung by this scam and Ebay is well aware of it. However, it still seems to be happening. Just understand that the whole thing is a scam and 100%....... :bsflag

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
man peopla are assholes.

here another scam goin round.

i was sellin my car and a guy offered to buy it from amsterdam. he said he would take care of shippin arrangements and everything. so i said sure. i was askin 6500 for the car and he said he was going to send me a cashiers check for 10500. i would then have to send back the extra to the shipping company. i asked why and he said a guy owed him the money and already had the check for 10500. so i asked for bank info from him so that i could check the check when it got here but he never replied because he was full of BS. long story short he was tryin to screw me outta 4 grand. :cuss

if u evere come across someone givin u more money than what u are askin for dont take it. a overseas check takes a month to clear. most people dont know this and send the 4 grand back before it would clear and end up owing the bank alot of money.

hope this helps someone else out there.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is the buull$hit I got today:
"This offer is about your bid on eBay. I am located in USA and I have the best offer for you at this bike. it is in excelent condition , never been down , no scratches , low miles ( 14548 and at the best price. I will wait for your offer at the price as well because the customer is always right. I can tell you that we can use also a Third Party transfer or something like that. Thank's Villi"
Just know that :Villi" is an a$$hole, and anyone that emulates him!!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
rule #1 of online buying and selling....

if it sounds too good to be true, that's because it ISN'T TRUE. I emailed a guy about a 2002 R6 with 87 miles and minor scratches for 4000 dollars... I figured it was a slavage... nope, I got the old... 'wire half the money to Portugal' email reply :comp

I've also heard of (but not been stung by) the overpayment by international cashiers check scam. Basically, the bank is required by law to make the funds available within two days, but the check doesn't clear for weeks. So you see the $$$ is your account, figure its good and give up the bike plus the extra cash. Then two weeks later the back comes lookin' for its money. :cuss

scammers suck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts