Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my BF Evo3 Ti (high mount) about 5-6 months ago from blueflameperformance.com when the distributor was that guy in Cali.

I was cleaning my bike this morning and saw that where the bolt is welded to the middle on the inside of the exhaust is a huge crack from top to bottom.

I've never dropped my bike and never had any impacts...

Im guessing this is just a lemon exhaust.

Should I be contacting BF in england to talk to them about a replacement on their shoddy product? Or should I be trying to get in touch with the guy who used to be the distributor?

Ill post a pic tomorrow when I have time.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, thats what I'm thinking...

Just wondering if they are going to be able to do anything since they dont even have the evo3 listed anymore.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
The EVO3 (three sided) has had some issues with vibration due to it's shape. This has especially been an issue with the strapless designs such as the R6 high mount. Moreover, it is happening on the thin walled titanium and scorched titanium sleeves right where the support bracket comes out of the back of the can. The carbon fiber seems to be holding up to it because it has a titanium substrate and is thick enough to withstand the vibration. What Blueflame has been doing to correct the matter is swaping the muffler out with the EVO (oval) muffler of your choice. The good news is that they didn't sell a lot of the EVO3's in a strapless design. Since I'm the new USA sole distributor, get a hold of me direct and we'll get it taken care of.
[email protected]
I can tell you that Blueflame has been working at re-engineering the EVO3. Last I heard they were going to nearly double the thickness of the titanium sleeves and install a stainless steel spreader plate on the inside of the can where the bracket mounts to help distribute the stress and vibration.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
WOW!!!!!..... now that is a crack. luckily hammy is a member here. to think i almost bought one of those cans. im glad blueflame is redesigning that can. looks to be one of there best sellers.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I had the same problem man. My can was only a few months old at the most though. Hammy took good care of me and got me fixed up.

·
Registered
487 Posts
thanks brian for your support on this forum :drink !

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have an EVO3 r6 highmount and had the same cracking problem. although mine was cracking around the emblem and you can hear the whole emblem vibrating against the can. so annoying. I sent it to that place in Cali (I believe its RPM) sometime BACK IN JULY for some warranty work and they have made absolutely no attempts to contact me or update me on whats happening wih my can. I had to call them up two months ago asking for them to send me a receipt or some proof of them having my can and they couldn't even get that right. I called them up again a few weeks later and all the guy could say was "I'm sorry, I forgot. your can should be in in about 2 weeks, its stuck in customs..." so now its going on 6 months and I still don't have it back. I felt I just had to deal with it because they were the only BlueFlame dealers in the US. Maybe I'll just tell them to send me back my original can and just never deal with those dudes again!

·
Registered
380 Posts
They are not the dealer anymore.. so i hope you can get it back... Hammy will take good care of you. Mine also cracked on the back side mount and the emblem..

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
XxKneegrowxX said:
I have an EVO3 r6 highmount and had the same cracking problem. although mine was cracking around the emblem and you can hear the whole emblem vibrating against the can. so annoying. I sent it to that place in Cali (I believe its RPM) sometime BACK IN JULY for some warranty work and they have made absolutely no attempts to contact me or update me on whats happening wih my can. I had to call them up two months ago asking for them to send me a receipt or some proof of them having my can and they couldn't even get that right. I called them up again a few weeks later and all the guy could say was "I'm sorry, I forgot. your can should be in in about 2 weeks, its stuck in customs..." so now its going on 6 months and I still don't have it back. I felt I just had to deal with it because they were the only BlueFlame dealers in the US. Maybe I'll just tell them to send me back my original can and just never deal with those dudes again!
Yeah, send hammy a PM/email.
If you can get your original can back, Hammy will sort you out... he IS the man.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I know what you mean. It's really frustrating to hear from customers, on a regular basis, about the problems they have had during the time I was not selling Blueflame pipes and "Mr. X" was. That move really fu&%@# up the USA market. There are so many stories floating around out there that people don't know what to believe. I'm working at geting my new website up (www.BlueflameUSA.com) and getting things back on track and business as usual. Guys posting photos of cracked cans but not putting the whole story out there hasn't helped either. I don't fault anyone for this. If I bought a can and it split, I'd be deeply disappointed to say the least. But I wish they put as much effort into telling everyone that it was replaced free of charge and in some instances, replaced AND refunded the difference. The average new guy not familiar to the brand has to think it's a shit pipe when he sees something like that. What they don't know is that it's only happened in very specific instances, to wit:
1) 99.9% have been the EVO3 (three sided cans) and only in the very thin titanium sleeve. Also key to the problem is the strapless design (such as the 03/04 R6). It's never happened to the carbon fiber because all Blueflame carbon fiber cans have a titanium substrate and combined with th carbon fiber are plenty strong. It's never happened to the stainless steel but the EVO3 doesn't come in stainless steel so thats a bit of a moot point.
3) All cans are being replaced free of charge. Blueflame pipes come with a life time warranty.
4) The EVO3 has since been re-designed and now has a titanium sleeve that is nearly twice as thick as before, and has an internal stainless steel spreader.
5) Countless EVO (oval) cans have been sold and are bullet proof. Many of you own them and can attest to that. Only ONE EVO (oval)has ever had a problem with cracking and it was the thin sleeved plain titanium. Moreover, it didn't have the spreader installed in it (factory mistake) but again, being replaced free of charge.

In short, the 1st genereation EVO3 in titanium and in strapless configurations has been the problem. Blueflame has clearly stood behind their life time warranty without hesitation. Anyone who bought a can from me, got the dollar difference back in they swithed to the oval can (this is what was offered before the EVO3 was re-designed).

In short, there have been some set backs with the brand. The manufaturer has done their part by replacing the defective cans and re-engineering them. Now I have get get the USA market straightened out. People have to know where to get them and most importantly, know that they can trust their USA dealer. Thats exactly what I'm going to do.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I think everyone on this site knows that your service is the bomb and all probs with the Ti exhausts gets solved professionaly and promptly.

Its good to have you behind the US distribution. :)

·
Banned
786 Posts
Dude I'd just tell 'em to give you your money back and go buy a better exhaust, from what I've seen on the forum looks like it's a pretty crappy product. Go get a TwoBros, Jardine or Akaprovic something you won't have any problems with.........

1 - 20 of 32 Posts