Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just got back from the workshop and I have been told the noise coming from the engine is the big end. Something about the "shells" need replacing. I have also been told it will be about £1500-£2000 to do. I dont think it is worth spending that sort of money on the bike.
I could cry. Yamaha UK will be getting a letter and a phone call as i have been told they will desperately try to come accross as the most friendly bike company in the UK.

·
Parts Pimp
26,419 Posts
I have just got back from the workshop and I have been told the noise coming from the engine is the big end. Something about the "shells" need replacing. I have also been told it will be about £1500-£2000 to do. I dont think it is worth spending that sort of money on the bike.
I could cry. Yamaha UK will be getting a letter and a phone call as i have been told they will desperately try to come accross as the most friendly bike company in the UK.
Damn. I'm not 100% what you meant by most of the terminology in your post since you guys over the pond have different names for some things, but I would totally write a letter too. I'd also try and find a used motor to swap in. You can find em way less than 2000 euros if you keep your eye out. I'd post a WTB thread on here and see what people have to offer.

Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.