Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to do some recreational track days with some friends but i need a leather suit.

What sizes are you big/taller/thicker guys wearing? I am 6'3-6'4 275lbs and nothing i see online falls into my measurement.

I've got the typical beer gut and love handles. I read the sizing charts and they say to measure around your belly button for your waist measurement. I am 50" around there, but i wear 40" jeans, obviously around my hips not my belly.

What size you wearing?

·
Hey...watch this
574 Posts
You might want to check with Barnacle Bill. I wear a 50/60 suit and had trouble finding what I wanted in my size. I ended up with a Cortech and love it. Be sure to leave room for a chest and back protector.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,380 Posts
Someone just posted a picture of a dude railing on a BMW-RR in some Comet Racing Leathers. Dude was ALL of 450 lbs! I checked their pricing and it is pretty reasonable for their custom sizing.

I used Z-Custom for many years. Not cheap, but very good quality.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,380 Posts
Mad props, as far as I'm concerned! But he sure does make that bike look tiny...

·
I eat cheese
79 Posts
I have custom leathers from comet. I can't compare the quality with any other brands as this suit is the only one I've had, but I can tell you that It feels very well put together and it is quite comfortable. I wound up taking about 20 different measurements for them and the suit took a few weeks to receive. The owner of the company, Karl, is excellent to work with and we were in regular contact throughout the process. I highly recommend them for a custom suit that doesn't break bank.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts