Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I was just reading the bike alarm post and there is a few people looking for info on it, including me. What brand/model alarms do you guys have on your bikes and how are they working out for you? Is the silent alarm that pages you the best one since you can catch them in the act? Or something that is audiable so it stops them? I was thinkging the silent alarm they wouldnt cut the battery wires if they can get to them.

Info, pics and suggestions for us that just got our bikes please.

Thanks Guys,
BE4TNUT

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You always there for me loki...

Ok that link has like all the information I was looking for, sounds like th Scorpion prob the best choice. Has anyone looked into trying to get a group buy? If not maybe I will see hos many people are interested and if there is enough contact them...

BE4TNUT

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
glad to help, and just so you know im interested in one of those alarms, especially if it comes with the plug and play harness :cheers

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have been thinking alot about bike alarm. I find that the Scorpio will be the best option for bike. I work in a car stereo store and I have other alarms but I would recommend the scorpio. I even refer motorcycle customers to the scorpiol.

Check out this URL to see if the guy still have any available.

http://socalsportbikes.com/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=13976&page=1#pid213910

·
Registered
96 Posts
Damn that's sweet deal, but I'm in FL :cuss I checked out the alarm on http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/66-SCOR-2 for the SR-i500SE - Two Way FM Alarm Kit w/ perimeter sensor, battery backup system and anti-hijack feature ($329.95), the Scorpio Factory Connector Kits For OEM500i and SR-i500 Series Alarms - Yamaha R6 - 01-02 ($19.99) UPS Ground Shipping Fee ($8.92). It's a total of $358.86

It's a lot of money but a good investment in the long run. But....if there was a group buy count me in, would be nice to pay less then that :mrgreen:

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
Cheng said:
I have been thinking alot about bike alarm. I find that the Scorpio will be the best option for bike. I work in a car stereo store and I have other alarms but I would recommend the scorpio. I even refer motorcycle customers to the scorpiol.

Check out this URL to see if the guy still have any available.

http://socalsportbikes.com/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=13976&page=1#pid213910
i read it but it didnt seem that he was willing to ship em

·
Registered
182 Posts
I will check to see if he is willing to ship.

·
Registered
181 Posts
i had the scoprio i500 "S" for about a week and decided to rip it out and get something better. I wasn't too impressed with the range and how quiet it was. So I installed the Viper 791xv alarm. I know...your saying its a car alarm, but it's actually better IMO. I have the siren mounted between the 2 headlights in the windshield, with the brain under passenger seat. Has all the same options but more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts