Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Gotta get up to get down.
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I officailly put my bike in storage for the winter 2 weeks ago. This place has mad security. 5 digit personal code to get in the gate, all units are inside, there are cameras everywhere on the property, 2 locks on my unit, and theres a guard who does rounds....bike will be safe right? WRONG lol.

Yesterday I go to visit my R6 just because I missed it lol. As I walk up to my unit I notice a single lock is on it and its not mine. Immediately go get cutters and get it off, open my unit and my tool box, bike cover, stock exhaust, extra tires, and some other misc parts are gone. Check my bike (which is now off its stands but the stands are there) and the ignition has been beat to shit with a screwdriver and hammer. Call the police, make report, call property manager to come down to pull video. Sure enough just 2 hrs before I was there a guy with a neighboring unit breaks in, sees my bike, makes a call, 10min later another car comes with 2 more dudes and they tried to steal it for almost an hour. On their way out they both stop and look directly at the camera, have a convo about it, then leave. We also have both cars plates from the outside cameras.

Since the guy has a unit we have his address and the cops are going there today. Ive heard criminals are dumb but to try and steal something when there are signs everywhere saying your being tapped is beyond retarded. These dudes are so lucky I didnt walk in while it was going on. The Beretta would have been out and faces would have been stomped.

cliff notes
bike in highly secure highly monitored storage
neighboring renter broke into my unit
3 guys try to steal my R6
all 3 faces and both cars plates are on camera

·
Gotta get up to get down.
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahaha keep us posted man. Some geniuses they must be eh?
Hahaha literally. When the cops came to take my report and looked around at all the cameras they just started cracking up. Just sucks my ignitions is fcuked and I cant get my key in it now.

·
09 r6 team blue
850 Posts
well im sure your happy you picked that location... ps since you know the neighboring units owner wont be around for a while... i say you make a few calls, leave cars across the street..and scream mask that B!%@#.

·
Because I Can
2,325 Posts
Subscribe. In for the legal fallout.....$10 says they don't spend more than 24 hours in a jail.

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Wowww! See, in another string yesterday I said that the people that try to steal bikes are usually the ones that live around you and have been plotting on you.

What an a$$hole! TOTALLY keep us posted, and if you can get pics of him being arrested POST IT UP, with his name, address, etc. With all of the hits this site has, would be great for someone to google the guys name and have this string show up!!!!!

·
RIP Super Sic
3,209 Posts
Wowww! See, in another string yesterday I said that the people that try to steal bikes are usually the ones that live around you and have been plotting on you.

What an a$$hole! TOTALLY keep us posted, and if you can get pics of him being arrested POST IT UP, with his name, address, etc. With all of the hits this site has, would be great for someone to google the guys name and have this strif show up!!!!!
:stupic Good idea

·
Hola Amigos!
1,955 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Damn that sucks, ****in assholes. Partof me wishes you had walked in on them strapped. Pennsylvania has a castle doctrine, no?

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
hopefully they spend a $hit load of time in prison for what they tried to pull, glad u still have ur six and u had evidence of them on camera. In my case, there was no video camera's in the apartment complex and I was left with missing parts and scratches all over the fairings, busted allen heads coz they obviously didnt have the right tools. I'm still glad they left behind my 6.

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
This is exactly why I tell people if they are storing their bike to keep insurance on their bike and not remove coverage just because they won't be riding it.

·
did100MphiDeserveAthread!
436 Posts
damn that totally sucks dude. no matter how safe a place may be a thief will get to ur shit no matter what. people like this need to end get what they deserve

·
Car? What Car?
2,335 Posts
Glad you still have your 6 and that these crooks were amateurs. Post up their info and maybe some of their stuff will go "missing."

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
I don't know too much about storage units.. But do they owe you something? Or is it one of those, if you're property is tampered with or stolen, well, you're screwed

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
subbed for outcome...glad they didnt get your 6 bro

1 - 20 of 54 Posts