Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help. I'm looking for a low cost motorcyle carrier that attach behind a truck. Anyone out there know or can give me a suggestion. Thanks R6 riders...

·
Registered
712 Posts
Save some money and just carry the bike in the bed of the truck! I have a small flat bed trailer i welded together myself, if you can weld just ,make one yourself and save some serious dough!

·
Knee Draggin Poor Boy
1,238 Posts
If you are talking about one that goes in your hitch and holds the bike with no wheels, i would not reccomend them, it does not look safe to me, i would just get a decent open bike trailer or like ******* said, if you can weld build a trailer for cheap, or put it in the bed of the truck which is how i always haul a bike.

my $0.02

·
Knee Draggin Poor Boy
1,238 Posts
Harbour Freight sells flat bed trailers for $220. they are 4x8 and they fold in half and will store upright. All you need to do is buy a 4x8 sheet of plywood and bolt it together.
i have one of those but i built it so it does not fold in half cause i will never need it to. it works great.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Well, you have a few options. You can buy a trailer from Harber Freight like Ronin_R6 said, you can build your own from scratch like redneck_r6 said, you can buy a trailer kit that has all the misc. stuff to build a trailer http://iowaboys.com/utiktrlkit/utiltrlkit.htm, or you can do like a lot of people do, spend about $115 dollars on a ramp and load it in the back of your truck. If you do this, for strapping it down I would suggest a Canyon Dancer Bar Harness, http://www.canyondancer.com/ . Also, alot of people that I see hauling their bikes in the back of their trucks, only have two straps on their bikes. I used to use only two straps, but I saw a guys bike fall over in his truck bed because one of his straps broke, now I use four, two in front and two in back. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks..

Thanks Ronin_R6. The web you give me got some good price on motorcycle trailer.. Thanks again..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts