Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I love to ride!
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a problem with my bike. recently, when i was riding on the freeway, all of a sudden my bike just cut off in the middle of the freeway. i pulled over to check it out, but when i tried to start it again, there was no juice left. anyone know what happened? i have a 99, i'm thinking about switching out the battery or could it be the starter or alternator? any help would be appreciated.

·
Chicks Dig Scars
740 Posts
sounds like an alternator problem to me. I've had that happen in my car a couple of times and it was the alternator.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
its the Stator (the bike version of the alternator), or the Rectifier/Regulater.

·
Registered
2003 yzf r6
96 Posts
i have a problem with my bike. recently, when i was riding on the freeway, all of a sudden my bike just cut off in the middle of the freeway. i pulled over to check it out, but when i tried to start it again, there was no juice left. anyone know what happened? i have a 99, i'm thinking about switching out the battery or could it be the starter or alternator? any help would be appreciated.
It's either your regulator/rectifier (right under battery or its the stator (which I believe is the metallic cylindrical thing in front of clutch cover left side where shifting rod comes out

·
Registered
2003 yzf r6
96 Posts
It's either your regulator/rectifier (right under battery or its the stator (which I believe is the metallic cylindrical thing in front of clutch cover left side where shifting rod comes out
And look for burned out wires because if you replace the wrong one it will often go out again in a quick amount of time

1 - 6 of 6 Posts