Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
they call it Transformer!
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when put the bike in gear, STALLS...the bike jumps forward a bit then dies. !

:( im acutally expirensing this right now.. just a lil while ago that i got home this happend when i stoped at the light.. i just put it n 1st n stall.. tryied it again and stall then the third time i did this i took off but slowly and while i was moving i heard a crumbling sound under thie bike!!! :confused: i dont wana say its the tranny but i think my clutch is going out?? any help?:confused:

·
RED ROCKET
3,164 Posts
Im no expert but to me it sounds like ur clutch is burned up

·
What traffic?
68 Posts
Has to be a clutch problem. When you let a clutch out, the engine speed tries to match the tire speed. If your not moving when shifting into 1st, then that means the wheel speed is 0, so the engine speed drops to 0 and it dies. Same thing happened to me when my clutch cable was frayed and ended up breaking. Bike jerks and stalls. Not that I think it's your clutch cable, just saying it is clutch related.

·
they call it Transformer!
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Has to be a clutch problem. When you let a clutch out, the engine speed tries to match the tire speed. If your not moving when shifting into 1st, then that means the wheel speed is 0, so the engine speed drops to 0 and it dies. Same thing happened to me when my clutch cable was frayed and ended up breaking. Bike jerks and stalls. Not that I think it's your clutch cable, just saying it is clutch related.

yeah i also thaught it was the clutch cable becasue i had to adjust it a couple of times...but after hearing the crumbeling sound i was like ohoh.. so i might just take the bike to the shop for a good inspection and see wut the problem is:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts