Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night we had some bad storms here, and the R6 was at parked at my girlfriends while we were at her moms. We got home last night about 12' O'clock and I found my bike over on its left side. It was probably like that for about 5-6 hours just guessing. I put it back up on the kickstand with a piece of wood under it. I let it sit for about 15 mins to let the oil run back down, so when I tried to see if it would crank the bike started smoking and the engine started knocking. I switched it off right away when I heard the motor knocking. Any things that I should try before I take it the yamaha dealer so they can **** me? I still feel sick.:throwup

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Last night we had some bad storms here, and the R6 was at parked at my girlfriends while we were at her moms. We got home last night about 12' O'clock and I found my bike over on its left side. It was probably like that for about 5-6 hours just guessing. I put it back up on the kickstand with a piece of wood under it. I let it sit for about 15 mins to let the oil run back down, so when I tried to see if it would crank the bike started smoking and the engine started knocking. I switched it off right away when I heard the motor knocking. Any things that I should try before I take it the yamaha dealer so they can **** me? I still feel sick.:throwup
:eek5:
Dude...So sorry to hear that...I'm not sure why it's knocking...ummm, no fluids spilled on the ground at all? Did you have frame sliders on it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:eek5:
Dude...So sorry to hear that...I'm not sure why it's knocking...ummm, no fluids spilled on the ground at all? Did you have frame sliders on it?
Yeah I do have frame sliders on it was in the dirt so it looks as if the clutch lever is bent though (not to big of a deal) I couldnt inspect it to well because it was still storming last night when I found my baby on her side.:( Im going to check her out real well before trying to crank her again.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Yeah I do have frame sliders on it was in the dirt so it looks as if the clutch lever is bent though (not to big of a deal) I couldnt inspect it to well because it was still storming last night when I found my baby on her side.:( Im going to check her out real well before trying to crank her again.
This makes me wanna cry dude!!! I'm STILL really sorry to hear this...
Wait until you get a good chance to give her a good inspection and fluid check before you start it up again...good luck bro...:(:(:(

·
MY R1 IS A BEAST !!
85 Posts
Any update on your bike, what it ended up being, or anything else you found after you inspected it???

Danny

·
Registered
12 Posts
check your brakes too. Air may have gotten in the master if it was down on the kickstand side.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry about that people. I took the bike to the dealership and they checked her over and changed the oil and found water in the oil. Haven't had any problems since. Thanks for the help everybody!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts