Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
yamaha for life
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last time i saw my bike was last night at 12:30am and it was gone this morning. if anybody in raleigh sees this then keep your eyes out for a 2004 silver with black flames r6, dark smoke double bubble windscreen, gold rk chain and black vortex rear sprocket. everything else on the bike is stock. i've already filed a report with the police and insurance company and even though i know the chances of finding it are slim to none, i still hope to have it found.

·
Registered
458 Posts
that sucks man. gl with the recovery

·
yamaha for life
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea it was at my apartment complex. my chain lock has a bunch of dirt in it and i havent been able to unlock it for the past two weeks. i always have parked it up on a curb next to a light pole with the handlebars locked but that didnt matter i guess. i never had an alarm cuz i dont think they're gonna do much but if somebody can convince me that an alarm is worth it then maybe i'll get one on my next bike...if i get another bike.

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
Yikes! I don't think any of the security 'measures' helps. These kind of people take a 3 ft 2x4 put one through each wheel and a few guys toss the bike into a van...I mean disk locks, steering locks it all means nothing. They can take your bike in literally 60 seconds it can be hidden in a van. Insurance is the best way to go.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
assholes man...sorry to hear about that kyle.

·
yamaha for life
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yup i have full coverage so i should be getting a reimbursement check if they police dont recover it. i might hold off on getting another bike for a while or at least till i move and get a garage to park a bike in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Damn! that sucks. that happend to me 2 yrs ago when i bought my 06 gsxr. had it for 3 months and had just broke it in. bastards stole it right out in front of my apt. cops got his ass about a year later (while riding it with no tags :dunce:) but he skipped court on day of sentancing. didnt surprise me, if the loser is willing to comit grand larcony, dont think hes worried about court. u gotta buy a new bike, tis the season man. plus the 08's are sick nasty. :YEA
get gap insurance though.

·
yamaha for life
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just talked to some friends and both of their bikes were stolen about a month and a half ago. and about two weeks ago a girl who rides a yzf600r told me her and her bf's zx12 got stolen. im Def not getting another bike until i move into a place with a garage because the rate at which motorcycles are being stolen in raleigh is freakin crazy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
just talked to some friends and both of their bikes were stolen about a month and a half ago. and about two weeks ago a girl who rides a yzf600r told me her and her bf's zx12 got stolen. im Def not getting another bike until i move into a place with a garage because the rate at which motorcycles are being stolen in raleigh is freakin crazy.
DAMN!! I feel you then. thats crazy!! no matter what kind of insurance u have, its not worth it if theyre disappearing like that. sorry to hear man.

·
07 Charcoal Grey R6
760 Posts
Sorry to hear about the loss . I suggest getting low jack and a disc lock tantamount to all of this is full coverage though. Glad you had it!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts