Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have a weird one. I commute though a capitol city in my R6 every morning/evening and am very familiar with how my bike feels and sounds at this point, i change my oil by feel alone. I service my bike myself from oil change to sparkplugs from front fork oil seal to carb balancing.. unless im being lazy i do it...

So basically this morning i started my bike and it sounded a little different more gurgled if that make sense. I didn't think much of it was only a small change.. once i pulled off i noticed more power i mean she was torqueing like ive just added another 100cc. also here was increase in engine vibration. went into work and back. Just now talking with the misses she said your bike sounded kind of deferent this morning which made me realize im not hallucinating..

Anyone have any idea what it could be? do i just enjoy the new found torque at low revs? im baffled. The only recent change was i put on a valve nullifier for my exhaust couple of weeks back after having check engine light on for 7 years (i know bad but i knew why the light was on)

Any ideas are appreciated

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seems to be sounding more normal though there is a buzzing coming from the clutch. kind of like a buzz of a chain rotating. can really hear it when opening the oil fill cap. it gets quieter when pulling in the clutch. could it be my clutch has been slipping a little by little more and more and for some reason its actually locking properly now and hence the power increase? im probably just going insane i do have the flue and a fever someone just tell me im being an idiot

·
Registered
Everything you need to know is in the Service Manual !
177 Posts
Seems to be sounding more normal though there is a buzzing coming from the clutch. kind of like a buzz of a chain rotating. can really hear it when opening the oil fill cap. it gets quieter when pulling in the clutch. could it be my clutch has been slipping a little by little more and more and for some reason its actually locking properly now and hence the power increase? im probably just going insane i do have the flue and a fever someone just tell me im being an idiot
What year R6? It is possible you had either a slip issue or a broken clutch plate in the middle of the stack. That usually won’t be very audible though. Could also be spark related. May have had a fouled plug come back to life. Depending how long your last plug change was that’s my best guess. It would change the tone and power enough to be noticeable

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
His looks like a third generation bike.

I have a second generation bike meaning, no ability to self-tune, and the air is mechanically controlled. AIS aside, the ECU only controls ignition timing and fuel. No control over mechanical timing.

That background in mind, there are some tank fulls where the exhaust does sound very different, angry, ready to rumble and has notably more torque. One way or the other, your third gen bike should be more consistent. But no, you're (probably) not crazy. "Probably" because well, like the rest of us crazy folk, you're riding a motorcycle 😋

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,651 Posts
Better gas, cold ambient temps, or engine operating temp could very well be it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts