Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped my 08 engine to a 13 engine and installed a pc5 and speedohealer as well as a new battery. My relay under the seat is ticking my brake light is flickering and neutral isnt lighting up but when i hit the kill switch on and off the neutral light flickers. My fuel pump isnt priming/purging. I checked all fuses and plugs and still cant get it to turn over. I even unplugged the PC5 and Speedohealer and i didnt get any power at all until i plugged the PC5 back in. Please advise.

·
Tires tell no lies
706 Posts
Did you swap the wire harness, ECU also? You definitely have an electrical problem. Make sure the battery is charged and solid connections. Dont even worry about cranking until all your dash lights and neutral light is functioning. Remove all those add-ons also. too many variables. Also make sure your connections below the tank are correct. I just did a motor install last week.

·
Tires tell no lies
706 Posts
Thats correct. You need to eliminate the variables. Basic troubleshooting. You didnt answer about the ECU and harness

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about that. I used my original harness cables and ECU since the Motorsports company only shipped me the engine. My ECU and harness was fine prior to me low siding my bike on the left side which cracked the stator cover causing oil to leak. I let the bike sit overnight and rode it to a mechanic like a dumb dumb but I never made it since all the oil leaked out causing the engine to seize up. I know I should've towed it instead and could've saved my engine and $2,500 but it is what it is smh. I appreciate all your help bro.

·
Tires tell no lies
706 Posts
Ok. well, I still think its an electrical issue. If the bike started again after your lowside then I would think the relays and fuses were good before dropping the engine. I would pull all the plastics and gas tank, go through every wire again, make sure you connected all the ground wires on top of your engine right above the front sprocket. Good connection. Also your starter power wire, follow it up to your relay in the battery tray. Those connections have to be solid. But to me with the flickering Neutral switch, it sounds like a bad battery connection. Or possibly a short to ground. You can ohm out your terminals to make sure there are no shorts also if you have access to a multi-meter and know how to use it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the tips I will update you once i have a chance to take the harness off and do it again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey bro so I just disconnected the PC5 and Speedohealer V4 (back to stock) and connected the original plugs back and got no power. I've realized this before as well when trying to troubleshoot the issue. It's clear the PC5 is what's giving the bike power which is bugging me out. I didn't even tap into the ECU blue wire #5 I just connected the black negative cable from the PC5 to the battery and got power but it still won't start and neutral light still isn't showing up, taillight is still flickering, fuel pumps still not priming, still hearing that damn clicking sound from the relay and I think the throttle bodies. Do you think my next step should be swapping the starter and disconnect the harness and reconnect it?

·
Tires tell no lies
706 Posts
I think you have a short. Get a multi meter and touch the red and black on the battery with each probe when its set to OHMS. It should read open. If there is 0.0 OHMs or close to it you have a short. It could also be intermittent with you wiggling wires. You are missing something. Leave the new stuff out for now. Also to make sure you dont damage it if you have an electrical problem. Keep looking. You will find it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I shake this fuse box it sounds like there's uncooked rice jumping around inside. I think I found the problem.

·
Tires tell no lies
706 Posts
Relay is fried. Thats good! Cheap.

·
Tires tell no lies
706 Posts
Does it smell burnt?

·
Tires tell no lies
706 Posts
If it were me... I would still Ohm out all my conntections to make sure I dont fry anything else. Something could have caused it to fry.

·
Tires tell no lies
706 Posts
No doesnt matter.

·
Tires tell no lies
706 Posts
Also. DONT install the add-on items until you completely resolve this issue. Make sure bike is RUNNING before you install the other items. Then introduce one at a time. Those PC have been known to have problems. If you bought it used I would be a little nervous about it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok. I got the fuel pump relay today and I plugged it in and turn the key to the on position and still got the ticking sound from the new relay. Although I tried starting it without the gas tank on the bike it should've at least cranked and tried to start right or wrong? I just went and bought a new digital multimeter btw. I didn't ohm out all my connections yet but my fuel pump isn't priming when I turn it on.

·
Tires tell no lies
706 Posts
Is your battery charged? Yes shouldn't matter if tank is on to crank engine. You are still chasing an electrical issue. Either your battery is dead or you have a miswire, short. I think its something near your battery tray. Maybe a cut wire touching ground? Use your meter, turn it to OHMS and touch the + battery terminal to the - terminal. See what it reads.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey bro so I ended up taking my bike to my mechanic. He got it started and when we asked him what he did he said he did the harness wiring and he had to flash my ECU. Do you think that's true? Reason being is because I was riding and high rev'd my bike because a dumb f**k ran out in front of me and shortly after it turned off and now I have no power. When I turn it on I get no power but when I turn it in the off position 3 seconds later the rpm stick moves all the way up and back down. We got it back to my house and inspected it. We found the ignition wires tampered with and wired all stupidly so we rewired them color to color. Red-red brown-brown black/blue-black/blue black/yellow-black/yellow but there's an extra orange wire and there's no orange wire on the bottom wiring. Battery is great fuses are great relay is good so Im thinking there's either a short in the ignition wiring or we just wired them incorrectly. I did some research but I couldn't find any answers for the orange wire besides knowing that both red and orange are both hot wires. Can you help me out here bro? This bike is getting on my nerves now lOl.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts