Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Happy go Lucky Guy
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, What type of steps do I need to take if the bike has been in storage for 3 years?

Oil change ?
Battery ?

Thanks for the feedback

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
Did you have fuel stabilizer in it? You may need to drain the tank, and the carb/bowl as well.

·
Happy go Lucky Guy
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
negative I didn't use a fuel stabilizer

·
New Yorker
2,736 Posts
replace all fluid out and new tires. put the battery on the tender and see if it works, and replace your spark plugs

·
Happy go Lucky Guy
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
replace all fluid out and new tires. put the battery on the tender and see if it works, and replace your spark plugs
crap =/ how much would that run me ?

Thanks for the feedback you guys!

·
New Yorker
2,736 Posts
let say 250 for the tires, fluids would be 120 and another for 30 for spark plugs=400. are you doing it on your own? if so, then free. if not, i don't know how much they charge for doing all that since i do my own work on my bike.

·
Happy go Lucky Guy
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
let say 250 for the tires, fluids would be 120 and another for 30 for spark plugs=400. are you doing it on your own? if so, then free. if not, i don't know how much they charge for doing all that since i do my own work on my bike.
well haven't done any work on a bike before but now should be a good time to start

thanks for the estimate zyre2503

why tires ? if it has a lot of rubber left and has a functional shape ?

·
Happy go Lucky Guy
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dry rot. even if they LOOK good, 3 years of sitting will destroy the compound.
Roger, and how long can tires last in idle state ?

·
Happy go Lucky Guy
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you have the bike up on stand or just sitting on the tires? If it wasnt on stand, the tire will most likely have a flatspot on them from stitting so long.
crap =) thx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts