Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode in to work this morning and when I went to flash my ID at the guards so they would let me in the compound I notices my gauges were blinking on/off and on my way to my parking spot the bike died...completely died. Even in the on position I am getting no juice. I have been having trouble keeping a charge on the battery so I was trickle charging it over night and bump starting when necessary for teh past few weeks thinking it was just the battery. Finally I bought a new one a few days ago- all was fine but I had to bump start the bike this AM because the battery was drained.

I am thinking this is a classic voltage regulator problem and I just need a new one.

I ride a 2000 R6 w/ ~30K Can anyone confirm my theory or have any other ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey, had the exact same problem with mine. Replaced the battery first, and today put in a brand new stator. Still not charging my bike, so I'll be learning how to trouble shoot it tomorrow.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mine did that and the shop replaced the regulator, didn't work. They changed the stator and problem solved. Been great since.

·
Registered
43 Posts
if you have replaced any turn signals or other wiring, check the connections. I had the same problem, it was a loose plug. I found out after I tried all the things listed above.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts