Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've got an 02 r6, I recently ran into a no spark problem, I changed out my stator, plugs, coils, and rectifier. It still didn't fix the problem, so I installed my new ignition because my old one was pretty screwed up internally and wouldn't turn over all the way and boom problem fixed. I bought and after market ignition and installed it how ever there are 2 extra wires not being used. I'm assuming it's for the parking lights but I don't need those in California. My problem now is I can start the bike up in neutral, rev it and even roll it around, but as soon as I change gear it kinda makes a clunk sound and jumps forward like the sidestand switch is still on, I already disconnected it and am still have issues. Ontop of that in neutral I can move my bike freely, how ever when in gear and I'm holding on the clutch, it is a pain to move the bike freely at all. I have to get off and push my bike to move it. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

·
Registered
36 Posts
when engine is off you can change gears with or without clutch.

If you cant push the bike around in gear with clutch in, then your clutch is dragging. Since you just did all that work around the engine, check your cable. its probably loose.

·
Registered
287 Posts
clutch is dragging. either the cable, or if you recently did something like a burnout or tried doing clutch up wheelies, you may have fried your clutch and its all bent to shit.

tighten up your cable a bunch, see if it still does it, as the others have said.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts