Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So came out of class today, and my bike was on it's side.. pissed obviously.

No damages though besides a cracked foot peg. Anyone know where I can get a stock one or an after market one that fits the oem rearsets? For a decent price would be preferred, with quality equal or better then oem..

If i have no luck, recommend me some after market rearsets
Thanks

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
I have a set of OEM rear sets....lemme know if youre interested...

Sorry for your bike getting knocked over....totally sucks

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
your lucky that was all that was done.
I know! I spent like 20 minutes checking the bike. I don't know if it was wind, or some prick. Or maybe someone just hit it over by accident... I don't know, but i'm great full.
go to d2moto.com. They have some for cheap.
Thanks

How are the bohemian rear sets? might buy them. Maybe I'll pick up a set if they are any good. Cheap, and then i don't need to do powder-coating. And they will be more resistant to color loss.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Was it really hot out? I know if it's hot and i park on blacktop my kickstand will sink into the blacktop in a matter of minutes... i always put a piece of flat metal under it. not saying that's what happend to you, but just throwing the idea out there.

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was it really hot out? I know if it's hot and i park on blacktop my kickstand will sink into the blacktop in a matter of minutes... i always put a piece of flat metal under it. not saying that's what happend to you, but just throwing the idea out there.
no but it was windy... i half think thats what it was... or some jerk. Most people bikes around my campus are older, or crap... maybe someone was jealous, haha

·
Lookin' for twisties
120 Posts
I have an '09. I tell ya, that kickstand looks a little dinky to me. Sometimes I see it flex and if you're on any kind of slope, it looks like it's going to fall.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4740187077
OT: Sorry I could not inline the picture -- probably something new with flickr.

Here's my bike on a small slope at a local store (with a small incline). I was a little concerned it would tip.

Dennis

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
In Canada? :sing:D

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
Unless it was category 3 type Hurricane winds, I think it was pushed over by somebody

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
This is probably a dumb question but did it fall over on the kickstand side or the other side? I bet if it fell on kickstand side it was deliberate.

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^ actually that's why i though it was just some assfcuk. It was on the kickstand side.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts