Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Le Troll
3,335 Posts
So I guess every thing is a fail? hmm.. The guy was obviously trying to get the bike loaded the best way he could.. It was a big heavy cruiser and yea the ramp was steep but I would like to see you try that. :dunce:
Actually, great alternative would be to rent one of these

http://imageshack.us

wide ramp, not steep at all. I used one and it was awesome. $25 to rent for the day I believe...or was it 15?:dunce:

Not to mention, it is worth not destroying your bike...

and no, that is not my bike. its off google images.

·
Ride It
984 Posts
Six people standing around the ramp and not one actually close enough to do something. Hard to keep a big motor like that turning up a steep ramp with such a heavy bike. Sounds like he got a handful of clutch when it hit the ramp.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Actually, great alternative would be to rent one of these

http://imageshack.us

wide ramp, not steep at all. I used one and it was awesome. $25 to rent for the day I believe...or was it 15?:dunce:

Not to mention, it is worth not destroying your bike...

and no, that is not my bike. its off google images.
That looks perfect. :popcorn:

But I guess everyone learns the hard way...

·
say cheese
272 Posts
I've ridden a few Yamaha Raptor 660's up atv ramps into trucks that could be considered small monster trucks so the ramps where almost vertical. I've ridden a few Grizzly 4x4 up ramps where they where so step that they struggled to climb the ramp. I've also ridden many dirt bikes up six inch wide motorcycle ramps into trucks with out fail. With that said I don't think I'd like to try and ride that fat cruiser up a ramp even though it could be easily done. What was said earlier, I dont know why they could not push it up the ramp with all the folks standing around with their hands in their pockets. If you ask me he got what he had coming to him. A dumb judgment call makes for a dumb outcome!

With that said I would not never attempt to ride an R6 up even a 2 foot wide ramp at anything above 10 degrees more then just a few feet.

·
Hola Amigos!
1,955 Posts
:nono

1 - 20 of 27 Posts