Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I recently took my 2012 R6 in for service, got new oil, spark plugs and coolant. When I got it back I noticed there was way more heat on my shins and the bike is running at a higher temperature. Usually on the streets, as soon as I took off it would cool down to about 182 at 40mph, though now it runs higher than 200 and the fan turns on constantly. On the highway going 70mph, it won't drop below 180 rather than before it was 160-165 and the uncomfortable heat is there doesn't matter what speed I'm going. :eek5 I took it back to the shop twice already and they bled the cooling system, said everything is okay, but the problem persists. I guess my question is, is there anything that the tech might of forgotten to do that is causing the problem not to go away? Thanks for any help in advance :toocool:

·
Build, Go fast...Repeat!
16 Posts
I would check the radiator cap and look for any issues with the spring or seal. Next I would look at the expansion tank and look for any cracks or trash blocking pressure relief lines. If all else fails check water pump fins to make sure nothing is broken or bent causing poor coolant flow and if everything looks normal try some water wetter and that will keep the motor a few degrees cooler.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for your takes on the situation. Im going to try and take it in a third time and suggest your ideas to the techs. Just sucks because my bike was running perfectly fine before going in for service. :nono

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
The shorts advice is a good one haha. So 180 is normal riding temp for most of you?
much less and the thermostat isn't even opening.. my bikes run like crap on track if much below 180. I actually have to put tape on the radiator to get them to 180 on a cool day, or the bike runs poorly. (lot faster speed than around town driving though, more air flow).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts