Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
surf ride eat **** sleep
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys quick question...some jackass stole my Harley and tried stealing my 08 r6. He ended up parking it in the middle of my parking garage but cut all the wires. Anyone know how I can start it so I can take it to a shop? He didn’t break the ignition just cut all the wires?

·
Registered
14 Posts
If all you want to do is start it up just match the cables by color and you should be good. Btw, what an A-Hole cutting your wires like that.

·
The bike never gets old
7 Posts
I would have thought the R6 would be more steal-able than the Harley. Was jackass just being a jerk or was there a reason for cutting the wires?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Thought he could short and run. If it was left sitting farther away from its original spot, either something spooked them or the hot-wire failed mid-march. In general, the Harley motos are priced much higher so if significant effort is required, that'd be the one to go favor.

Parking garages are known to be very bad spots for storing motorcycles. (gated or not)

·
It's only $$$...
18 Posts
Seen that a few times.

Its a pain. splice and reconnect the wires. You may need jumpers (small length of wires to splice in) if they aren't long enough.

If you aren't comfortable taking the tank or ignition out you may be best served having it hauled (towed) in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey I'm in the valley too. If u need help still let me know I got a pickup we can tow it in! Or hit me up to ride sometime! (Valley area code) 322 0023

1 - 7 of 7 Posts