Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Reverend
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOOOOOO It takes my bike FOREVER to warm all the way up. seems like it barely runs on all 4 cylinders. It is very "boggy". deep tone to the bike also. When I do super long stoppies the bike will kill itself which i have never had a problem before.

I've had to many problems with this thing (05 r6)and need someone elses opinion about whats going on. I beat the crap out of this bike and have went through motors, parts, yada yada.

Ive replaced, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, synched throttle bodies twice, and the list goes on. I have a k and n filter, velocity stacks, stock cut down exhaust. wondering if i need a power commander? it seems to me it is a fuel air mixture problem/ something electrical (ecu maybe). Any one have any ideas?

here she is!

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
From reading what you do, its not surprising its acting the way it is

·
The Reverend
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
The Reverend
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
I agree with all of the above. Is all the yellow powered coated or just painted?

·
Habitual Linestepper
984 Posts
get a power commander regardless, especially now (winter prices) i put one on mine i got off a forum member, unleashed a WHOLE NEW BIKE.

·
The Reverend
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree with all of the above. Is all the yellow powered coated or just painted?
its a yellow/gold powder coat....these pictures were taken in a storm and were lightened up ALOT by my buddy. The fairings were painted black then had 4 t spoons of House of Kolor metal flake added in with clear and thats what we came up with lolol

get a power commander regardless, especially now (winter prices) i put one on mine i got off a forum member, unleashed a WHOLE NEW BIKE.
Im waiting for a good deal!

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
Yeah the recall was on 03's, not the 05's.

Your not starving the bike from oil it being on one wheel alot, are you?

·
NoFatChicksBikeWillScrape
107 Posts
very nice bike there!
sorry cant help much here, maybe becuase you have done toooooo much to it..lolololol

·
The Reverend
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah the recall was on 03's, not the 05's.

Your not starving the bike from oil it being on one wheel alot, are you?
no Im not. kleen air mod does wonders!

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
alright then, im out of ideas:sing

·
Just lean harder...
887 Posts
Take a digital multimeter and ohm out your coils you should be able to the find the resistance spec in the service manual, and whens the last time you put plugs in your bike? Also gotta make sure you seat the coils all the way down, if you've switched motors could you have some of the 03 denso coils? the denso coils had too thin of a gromet at the valve cover and would ark out on the cover, you could actually see little holes burned in the gromets. Just remeber to take it back to the basics-- air, fuel and spark, make sure those three things are good and you should be able to fix it. You can also fire each injector when in service mode and visually see if they are squirting.

·
The Reverend
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Take a digital multimeter and ohm out your coils you should be able to the find the resistance spec in the service manual, and whens the last time you put plugs in your bike? Also gotta make sure you seat the coils all the way down, if you've switched motors could you have some of the 03 denso coils? the denso coils had too thin of a gromet at the valve cover and would ark out on the cover, you could actually see little holes burned in the gromets. Just remeber to take it back to the basics-- air, fuel and spark, make sure those three things are good and you should be able to fix it. You can also fire each injector when in service mode and visually see if they are squirting.
just put new plugs in last month. All the compression psi reads in spec. I am going to check the coils and see if thats the problem. I just want this thing to run how it used to. I've had it for a year now and when I did the complete rebuild the last time and put the new motor in, it started running like this.

Blowing any smoke? Obvious stuff like plugs were replaces and new airfilter. New coolent. Check the thermostat?
no smoke. new coolant, k and n filter (was cleaned) and thermostat was good when I put the motor in.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts