Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I stall my R6
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried searching for the answer to this. But came up with how people secure their bikes at home. Mine sits in the garage and if a car is left in the driveway I remove the garage door opener from the car before going to bed.

My question is when your out eating with your friends, bar, movies, etc. What do you use to secure your bike? Currently I don't have any security measures for the bike in an open parking lot.

·
I eat my R6
77 Posts
i have lojack... if the bike is moved in anyway without the lojack key chain, which is in my pocket at all times, Lojack will call me saying that the cops are on their way to pick the bike... its that simple...

·
RU R6
1,206 Posts
Lojack or a quality security system would be the best choice. Second would be a quality cable lock and wrap it around a pole or another bike.

Disk locks are sort of useless. With sportbikes being lighter and in demand for thieves. All it takes is two guys, pick up truck, and 10 seconds. Forget the disk locks.....

I honestly don't even go to malls or movies where you're far removed from your bike, especially the movies. Thieves know you'll be in there for at least an hour and they'll have free reign over your bike. If I go out to eat or have a few happy hour drinks, I'll go to places where I can sit outside or by the window, and park my bike right in front.

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
every deterrent helps. for now i just put a pad lock through the disc, but gonna get a chain soon. if bike theft is high in your area, don't bother leaving your bike vulnerable unless your setting up a trap to catch a thief, cause they are all opportunistic bastards. ebay is covered with stolen bikes

·
Laugh. Love. Learn. Live.
657 Posts
Trying to keep people from taking your bike is stupid. They'll take it if they want it. Trying to get it back once its taken... that's more feasible. That being said, GET LOJACK OR SOMETHING SIMILAR.

I use www.stealthtracking.com. I'm sitting at work, and I can go online and ping where my bike is and see that it's still in the garage at home, if I start to worry about it. also, it'll text my phone if someone takes it more than 0.3 miles from my house.

·
2008 Raven R6
244 Posts
Trying to keep people from taking your bike is stupid. They'll take it if they want it. Trying to get it back once its taken... that's more feasible. That being said, GET LOJACK OR SOMETHING SIMILAR.

I use www.stealthtracking.com. I'm sitting at work, and I can go online and ping where my bike is and see that it's still in the garage at home, if I start to worry about it. also, it'll text my phone if someone takes it more than 0.3 miles from my house.
How much does that cost?!?!? Mucho dinero?:confused:

·
657 Posts
Honestly, I don't quite remember. I got it with the bike, and I believe it was comparable to LoJack. A little more, though, if I remember correctly.

·
657 Posts
Get full coverage, too. 'Cause the alarm doesn't do any good when you're hearing it from the back of someone else's truck that's driving away.

Trust me, the $720 is well worth it.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I don't take the bike out except to ride. When I do take it to school I do use a kryptonite chain and it's kept several bikes safe for me over the years.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
which lojack should i pick?? there seem to be a few different type of Lojack.. also, does lojack charge you a fee each year or two for maintance??

who has a lojack and how much you pay/paying??? i'm getting a chain to lock it but think i'ma get a lojack so i can sleep better at night..

·
My R6 ate me
774 Posts
i have lojack... if the bike is moved in anyway without the lojack key chain, which is in my pocket at all times, Lojack will call me saying that the cops are on their way to pick the bike... its that simple...
i have lo jack to and its not that simple, first lojack will call you 20 mins after ur bike is moved, and its a machine that tells you your bike is moved next you would have to call lojack and tell them your bike was stolen and then they will call the cops, and lojack is not like a gps, a cop car that is equiped with lojack tracking has to be within a certant distance of the bike to be able to pick it up and track it, so lo jack isnt alll that great but it does helpp im just saying you cant only depend on low jack cuz by 30 mins they can have the bike somewhere striping it down already and removing the lo jack

edit- you dont pay monthly or yearly you just pay to buy it and install it

·
Registered
706 Posts
..comprehensive insurance with a zero deductable and up-todate pics of your bike after mods...

..and a good insurance provider.

·
Because I Can
2,325 Posts
Comprehensive, GAP, and an equivalent to Lo-Jack. I can't wait for a dumbass to steal it.....:sing

Lo-Jack doesn't work in two of the states surrounding mine (and I'm 20 minutes from being in either one) so Lo-Jack wouldn't be wise for me.

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
i park right by the enterance, wher epeople will be around usually.
other then that... insurance!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts